Chapter 4

I walked next to Harry as we all walked into the back stage area of the arena. No one was there yet. Him and I seperated from everyone else and showed me the stage. There was a large grand piano in the corner. It was probably the most beautiful piano I've ever seen, with real ivory keys. I gasped, stopping in my tracks. "Harry, it's beautiful."

"Would you like to try it out?" he asked me walking over to it.

"Would I? Of course!" I said, fast walking over to the piano. I sat down on the bench. I stretched out my finger and began to play and sing.

I've heard that you've

settled down, and you've

found a girl, and you're

married nooow,

I played and sang, closing my eyes, losing myself in the music. I knew all of the song by heart.

Never mind I'll find, someone like you

I wish nothing but the best, for you

When I played the final notes of the song, I exhaled contently. I opened my eyes, and turned to look at Harry,"So, what did you think?"

"Aileen, that was... Just amazing... I'm speechless, really. You have a beautiful voice."

I blushed so much,"No, it's nothing special, you are the one with an amazing voice. Ever since I heard you on the X factor 2 years ago, I knew you were really talented."

"But that's me, my talents been discovered. You, on the other hand, have not. And the world should know how beautiful your voice is."

There was silence. I turned back to the piano. Closing my eyes. This was how I thought. Playing piano. Singing. Closing my eyes. It brought me to another world. My fingers moved on their own hitting every right note.

You're gonna catch a cold

From the ice inside your soul

Don't come back to me

I sang Jar of Hearts by Christina Perrie, not exactly my favorite song, but it was stuck in my head. The song slowed to an ending. Then Harry sat on the bench next to me. I scooted over a bit.

I really couldn't believe it. I was becoming friends with a member of a famous boy band, that I'd never thought I'd meet.

Anyways, Harry's voice softly spoke, breaking the silence."So, play something, we can sing together."

"What song?" I asked

"Anything you'd like, I'll catch on."

I thought for a moment. "I'll make it easy, I'll play one of your songs."

I began to play More Than This.

Harry sang the first part, and we joined at the chorus.

It just don't feel right

Cos I can love you more than this.

I sang Niall's part, but then, Niall joined us, singing with me.

If I'm louder, will you see me

Will you lay down

In my arms and rescue me

Cos we are the same

You save me

And when you leave it's gone again.

The three of us sang the chorus, then Zayn came and sang the bridge. Oh this was perfect. I sang the last part.

When he opens his arms and holds you close, it just won't feel right

With the boys singing the accompanying parts, I sang until the end.

Love you more than this

I played the last notes. "That was awesome." I said, looking down at the keys still.

"You have a great voice, ya know." Niall said.

"Yeah," Zayn added.

"Told ya." Harry said under his breath. I playfully shoved him, and we all laughed.

"So where is everyone?" I asked.

"Liam and Louis are showing your friends backstage." Niall said.

We all got up and I reluctantly left the piano. I walked with them, humming Ed Sheeran's The A Team. I had my hands in my pockets. I skipped every once in a while. I loved that song. It made me feel like dancing. Although, I had no one to dance with. No boyfriend, not many friends, I'd only say about 6 girls I trust. And that includes Christine and Deana. I was usually a victim of cruel bullying in some form. I say it's jealousy. Usually in music class, teachers pet kind of things.

The 3 boys were watching my run/dancing with amusement. I always was lost in music. It was the place I could find peace. I was at one time asked to attend a school in the North East of the US, and study music. But I couldn't leave the friends that I took so long to make. I guess maybe I was hard to like.

Maybe you need to hear my back story to really understand me.