"Lily I need you to calm down for a second, okay? Just sit tight, there's not much happening over here anyways, we'd all just be sitting there staring at each other. It's better that you just keep working and things are as normal as possible."

I feel my lip quiver, tears stinging my eyes, "but what if something happens? I can stay with Liam, he needs someone to watch him. I can cook them meals, I can do something."

"Jared already picked up Liam this morning and he's staying with them for the time being. And you know your mom, you know she's already started making them enough food to last the year. Harper's starting treatment tomorrow and she has the best doctors she can get. Don't stress yourself out, kiddo. Nothing is going to happen while you're gone."

I brace myself against the bathroom counter, trying to sort through my thoughts rationally. I feel nauseous just thinking about it all. I understand what he's saying, I really do, but I can't just sit here and do nothing about it. "Have them send all the medical bills to me, I'll take care of it."

"That's a nice offer but you know Kelly's too proud to take you up on that."

"I'll call the insurance company myself and get it sorted out then, I don't know. It's the least I can do. Kelly already has enough stress with a baby on the way and now this? They shouldn't be worried about how to pay for this too. I'll pay for it all, get Harper the best care she can get." I run my hand over my face, wiping the tears that have started escaping. I hate that the only use I have anymore is as a wallet.

"I'll talk to them about it and let you know. I'm going to go check in on your mom but Jared or I will call you if there's any news." I nod my head even though he can't see me, focusing on breathing in and out.

"Is Harry there with you?" My dad asks. My tongue feels caught in my throat, and I feel like I have to fight to get any words out.

"Um no. No he's in a meeting but he'll be around later."

"Alright, I just want to make sure you have someone around. I love you bug, I'll call you soon." I hang up the phone without saying goodbye, another wave of nausea coming over me. I set my phone down and race for the toilet, emptying the contents of my stomach.

This can't be real. Oh god, and Kelly. I can't even imagine how she's feeling right now. I dry heave into the toilet a few times and once I'm sure nothing else is coming out I flush and crawl back to the center of the room. I sit on my knees, leaning forward to press my forehead to the cold tile.

I fight for breath, feeling like my throat is closing. Tears continue streaming down my face while I gasp for breath, hoping the coolness of the tile will provide me with some relief but to no avail. I've only had one panic attack before in my life and there's no doubt in my mind that right now I'm adding a second to the list.

I close my eyes and focus on inhaling, 1... 2... 3... 4. And then exhaling for four. Eventually it starts to even out and I slowly raise my chest so I'm sitting up right. I slide myself backwards so my back is against the porcelain bathtub, my knees pulled against my chest.

I sit there in silence, trying to wrap my head around what's happening. I love Harper like my own, she doesn't deserve this. Nobody deserves this. My eyes lose focus as I stare straight ahead of me, trying to empty my mind. I don't want to think about this and all the maybes but I can't get rid of the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I don't know how long I sit there before I hear footsteps coming up the stairs. I think about getting up, trying to get myself together but my body feels like it weighs too much for me to lift. The footsteps get closer and along with it is Harry's melodic voice humming a song as he walks into the bedroom.