Changing Diapers

Everyone stared as Nevaeh glowed an other worldly glow while she breastfed her newborn baby. As she hummed her platinum curly locks cascading down her back. She practically floated across the room towards the red sofa. She gently lowered herself and the baby down onto the couch as she cuddled into the pillows.

"Okay, so I'm going to just put this out there. How is Nevaeh back from the dead?" Damon sarcastically asked to no one in particular. Everyone turned towards him with the same question on their mind.

"She just awoke, with magnificent black wings, and glowing." Klaus announced his eyes glued onto is beautiful fiancee and child. He didn't know how her powers worked, or even what they were, but in this moment he didn't care.

"Brother, she fully transformed. She is a fallen Angel!" Kol announced in awe. He didn't know how to explain how amazing this woman was sitting before them. He had tried to get his Angel to survive transfermation but it hadn't worked. That had killed a piece of Kohl's soul.

" That's great, but doesn't that mean she's the most powerful being on the earth?" Damon asked again sarcastically.

" Yes. She is practically like god on earth. She has the ability to give and take life. She is going to be hunted for her powers." Kol continued to stare at Nevaeh. He would protect her, like he wasn't able to do to his angel.

"Who cares. We are her family, we will protect her and my niece! We are the Original family! We can take whatever comes our way! But that doesn't matter right now! Right now we should celebrate. Sophira is here, and Nevaeh lived. Now I'm going to go and get my niece a diaper, and a onesie." Rebekah announced matter of factly as she huffed and sashayed out of the living room towards the nursery.

"She's right! My sister is alive, and my niece was born happy and healthy. Please can we put the doom and gloom behind us for one night and celebrate?" Elena said standing up and walking over to her big sister. Nevaeh looked up and smiled at her as Elena wrapped her arms around Nevaehs waist and laid her head down on her shoulder. Elena breathed in as tears started rolling down her face. Nevaeh adjusted Sophira so her right arm was free to wrap around Elena. They sat there silently holding onto each other when Rebekah whooshed back into the room with an arm full of baby stuff. Behind her Jeremy entered his face tear stained, his hair disheveled.

"I am so sorry! I should have known how to protect you....I'm a failure as a brother." Jeremy said his head hung low as he stared at his sister's. Nevaeh looked up at her brother with tears in her eyes.

" You did nothing wrong Jeremy! This had to happen. It was just meant to be. You are the best little brother, I couldn't ask for a better one." Nevaeh smiled motioning for him to come and join in the hug. He smiled as Rebekah vamp sped in and took the baby from Nevaeh as he sat down and curled next to her. She loved her siblings so much. She hated that they had to witness her death, even if it was only temporary.

Rebekah rocked Sophira in her arms as she hummed a song Klaus use to sing to her as a child to help her go to sleep.

"Elijah can you put down the thick soft blanket on the floor, so I can sit and get this baby in a diaper and some clothes?" Rebekah half ordered her elder brother, not even looking up from the precious baby in her hands.

Elijah looked at his sister and felt happy and sorrow. He quickly put the blanket on the floor as Rebekah sat down and laid Sophira down on her back so she could change her. Rebekah had brought six different outfits, she couldn't choose so she was now putting the outfits up and showing them to sophira who of course could care less. Elijah had feared how Rebekah would be with the baby. That is all she had ever wanted. She had confessed to him she wanted a baby so bad. He had hoped this baby would kind of fill that void. At the moment it seemed like the case.

Klaus walked over to his sister and his baby on the floor. He smiled as Rebekah started holding up outfits for Sophira to choose. He slowly sat down beside her and held his finger out to Sophira who quickly latched her little fingers around it. He melted and knew he would do anything to project this baby, and Nevaeh.

"Brother, why don't you put her diaper on her? She is already attached to her daddy! I have to figure out what outfit I am putting on her!" Rebekah encouraged as she scooted over and kept going through the clothes. Klaus looked at Sophira and the diaper laying next to her. He also looked at the wipes and the butt cream and lotion, and powder. He started to panic, as he stared at everything. From behind him he heard snickers and laughs from everyone in the room. Finn came up behind his little brother and patted him on the shoulder, chuckling at his current predicament.

" I helped mom change all of you, would you like me to help you? You look like a lost puppy." Finn laughed as Klaus glared up at him.

" I am Klaus Mikelson, changing a simple diaper isn't my Achilles heel. Go away brother, I can do this!" Klaus said puffing out his chest as Finn laughed, shaking his head as he walked over to where Sage was sitting watching this scene amused.

Elijah stood by the fireplace trying to hide his smirk, as he watched Klaus fumble through the diaper process. He finally finished and with a triumphant smile he picked up Sophira and made to hold her up to his chest. As he lifted her up, the little diaper slid right off, and powder puffed all over Klaus. The room erupted in laughter as Klaus sat in utter shock. Rebekah giggled as she took Sophira from Klaus and put a new diaper on her.

By now even Nevaeh, Jeremy, and Elena had split apart and were laughing.

"Love, it is okay, we will work on the diaper changing. There will be many more!" Nevaeh gently teased as she stood up and laid her hand on his shoulder. He smiled as he leaned his head on her arm.

The next few hours were filled with laughter, and happiness as they all took turns Holding Sophira, and doting on her. Rebekah held her most of the time, not really wanting to give her up to her mommy when she decided to go to bed.

"It is okay Rebekah. She will be here in the morning, she needs rest!" Nevaeh encouraged as she took her baby and they headed to go to sleep.

Rebekah sighed as she turned back and joined everyone back in the living room.

"It's being spread amongst the witches. The Original witch has asked for someone brave enough to awake the Original vampire hunter. She is unleashing our father, to kill us and Nevaeh!" Rebekah walked in as Kol breathlessly explained why he had left a few hours ago.

"What do you mean? Why would mother do that?" Rebekah questioned.

"We are abominations. She interfered with the balance of nature making us. She has to get rid of us to be in good standing." Finn explained. Rebekah wanted to cry.

"But why Nevaeh? She's is the ultimate power!" Rebekah questioned.

" Her kind are fallen. She made an abomination. They will go after her and the baby." Kol continued.

"I will die, before I let our father get to them." Rebekah declared. Klaus looked at her with appreciation.

" I think we would all fight to keep them safe. Don't worry brother, we won't let anything happen to your family!" Elijah said looking around at his family. One by one they all shook their heads in agreement.

"So next on the agenda … figure out how to kill our father." Klaus said, those words sinking in as the siblings somberly stood around thinking about what they were about to go against.