Such a human schene

After a few awkward hours of everyone trying to get back into a better mood, the house had been arranged and everything had been unpacked. The whole gang were just chilling around Nevaeh's kitchen table drinking soda, and snacking on random junk food. Caroline had come in shortly after the Damon fiasco and after everyone calmed down she had started to direct things, taking charge and giving people tasks. Jeremy had arrived a few minutes later with Bonnie and Matt.

"We should play a game!" Caroline exclaimed bouncing up and down in her seat as they were all having their own little conversations. Now all eyes were on her.

"And what do you propose we play love?" Klaus asked laughing still trying to get used to the very bubbly yet very bossy blonde.

"Lets play cards!" She suggested as everyone started to consider their options.

"I will beat all your butts at Uno!" Nevaeh burst out a little to excited as she went over to the drawer on her island she had dubbed the miscellaneous and junk drawer to bring out her beloved uno cards. The whole group burst out laughing at her. Klaus smiled fondly at his Angel. She was so sweet and innocent yet so strong and experienced. Her personality contradicted itself, and he loved it. He watched as she waddled back over to the table next to him and started to take the cards out.

" You wish! Halfway through you always end up leaving because you don't like the draw four and skip cards!" Jeremy accused as he pulled up his chair ready to take everyone on. Matt followed suit excited.

"Dude we haven't done this in forever! Your on! Im gonna smoke you!" Matt challenged scooting his chair up to the table glaring down at  Jeremy playfully.

"Uno? I've never played." Stefan questioned looking at Elena for answers. Elena laughed as Nevaeh and Jeremy looked up in pure shock. This had been their game forever, and they got very competitive over it.

"No way! Here sit I will teach you as we play." Elena said mystified that her 146 year old vampire boyfriend hadn't played uno. Stefan laughed as they took seats together ready to play. Caroline gave a happy dance and sat down. Bonnie laughed at Caroline as she say next to her. Smiling happy to see her friends and family having a good normal night together, Nevaeh started passing the cards around.

"Are you going to play?" Nevaeh asked looking at Klaus next to her. He had gotten quiet and was stareing out the window.

"Not this round Angel. I need to go deal with something real quick." He said distracted as he got up and headed out her back door. She opened her mouth to say something but he was already gone. She frowned but went back to passing out Uno cards.

Klaus had spotted something outside in the backyard. At first he thought nothing of it, then he saw it lingering. His senses kicked in and he couldn't believe it. He hadn't prepared for this. He walked out onto Nevaeh's back porch and stood for a mere few seconds.

"Brother." Klaus said as he turned around to face his brother. "Still wearing fancy suits, I see."

"Niklaus, I received your message." His brother said cooly, calmly, but cautiously.

"Elijah yes I sent that message with no ill intent. Brother, I meant what I said. We are all going to reunite. I'm bringing our family back." Klaus said as calmly as he could. He knew his brother would not trust him. None of them would, but he wanted them back. He wanted his family, and he wanted them to know Angel.

"Yes so I heard brother. However given the circumstances you can see why I am weary. What has brought on this sudden urge to be a family again?" Elijah asked still standing away from his brother, but he could see the sincerity.

"I have found my mate, my true mate. She is a miracle for our species, for all supernatural species. She is more powerful then all of us together. And yet I do not care about that. I love her Elijah. I love her more than words can express. She calms me, she completes me. And she helped me realize I need you, I need my family. Family is important Elijah, I lost sight of that, and I am sorry." Klaus declared his emotions radiating off him. Elijah listened to his brother stunned. Klaus had genuinely just apologized to him. He had to meet the beauty that tamed the beast.