Chapter 16: The parting

Start from the beginning

I couldn't even tell the guy he had a Texan accent(Since texas didn't exist here and all)

Was it even possible to have a texan accent when speaking Japanese? I looked back up to see him looking at me expectantly.

"Uh...you talk funny." Was all I could muster.

"Stop scaring the girl Hiroshi." His partner said and slapped him on the  back. "You take this job too seriously sometimes." He shook his head.

Texas guy placed his hands on his waist and laughed, throwing his head back. I stared at him in wonder.

Even his laughter had an accent.

"Lu." Barbara called out.

She had just arrived with her mother. Mrs. Nara was very beautiful with rosy pink hair and emerald eyes. She looked like an older version of Sakura but with no forehead.

"Good morning." Hiashi greeted her. She replied with a small bow.

"Rin~san."

I turned away from the scene to look at Hina. She still wore her jumpsuit but had a beautiful violet clip in  her hair.

She immediately enveloped me in a hug. I smiled as I wrapped my hands around her. It felt nice to have a sister.

"I'm going now." I said as we parted.

"Train hard and become strong with me, okay?"

She nodded with glassy eyes. I smiled and flickered her nose, causing a small tint of red to spread on her cheeks.

"Aww~"

I visibly flinched as we were both swarmed by the three caretakers. Semi, who was particularly stuffy almost suffocated me with her chest and crushing embrace.

I struggled to get away, running to my father's side when I finally managed to break free.

Hinata wasn't lucky.

She was never lucky

"Coward." Barbara teased at her mother's side who gasped and was about to reprimand her when I cut her off with a scoff.

"I know to pick my battles."

"Not really." She deadpanned. And we both knew that was true. I pouted.

"Last I checked retreating was also a military strategy." I muttered.

"Of reason, not fear"

"I'm not scared!" I yelled.

"Huh, did you hear Rin~hime?" Mina called out.

I yelped and hid further behind Hiashi, clutching his robe like my life depended on it.

It probably did.

Barbara snickered, her mother was bewildered and my father? He was watching everything with mild amusement. I flushed.

Watch on old man. This will be the last you see of me acting this way.

I must have made a face because Hiashi chuckled and brought me to his side, smiling down at him.

"Don't worry Rin, I'll protect you."

***

"There are my favorite daughters." A feminine voice called out.

"Kaa~san!"

Hinata and I rushed to her side. She laughed and picked both of us up and steadied us on her hips. She leaned in to Hiashi and kissed him on the cheek.

I of course, ruined it by retching in between them, face green. There was a gasp at the side and I turned to see Barbara wipe her mouth, expression as dire as mine.

Yeah, I don't think either of us will ever get married. Goodbye Uchiha harem! WUAAAAAH~

"That is an interesting development." The hokage's voice rung out. We all bowed to him.

"Oh none of that. Sorry to keep you waiting."

"There's no inconvenience on our part, Lord Hokage."

He nodded and called for both Barbara and I. I jumped off my mother's   waist and walked up to him.

"Rin, Sayaka. You both have showed great potential at such young ages.  The will of fire burns brightly within you. I hope for you to make it shine brighter as you grow."

He handed as permission scrolls which we accepted with a bow. Soon it was time to leave.

I hugged everyone-except the nannies naturally. When in my mother's arms, I felt as if I missed something important. There was a nagging feeling in my heart, and it didn't leave, even when I'd long since stepped out of the village.

At the fire country's border, Barbara placed a hand on my shoulder.

"See you in three years."

I nodded. Something flickered in her eyes but she shook her head and offered me a small smile, before heading left.

I took a step back, watching her disappear before turning and heading right.

The nagging feeling followed me all the way to the Hidden Rain Village.

***
One more chapter to end Climax one! Be prepared!

To those who read the first draft, Rin really did forget something, didn't she? I had wanted to change that fact in the rewrite but chose not to. The road to saving everyone is never easy.

Please vote and comment.

See ya later