𒊹︎#BLM𒊹︎

Ella's outfit

Chris was taking Ella to a Black Lives Matter protest

Chris was taking Ella to a Black Lives Matter protest. Liza allowed her to go because Chris, would explain to her what George Floyd's death meant and why it was important. Chris didn't want Liza to go because she recently found out she was pregnant and it's not safe for her or their child. Ella was half black and not getting any younger. She needed to know her history and culture growing up in a world where she may be discriminated against for her color.

Liza: Ella, this is really important for you to go to. Daddy, is going to explain to you everything that's going on.

Chris drove over to pick her up.

Liza: Alright, Ella your dad is here. Pay attention and listen closely to him, Muffin.

Ella: Okay, Mommy!

Liza: Oh, and wear your mask the whole time make sure it covers your nose.

Ella: Okay.

She let Ella walk out the door.

Liza: Muffin, Wait!

Ella: What?

Liza: Please, don't touch too much stuff. It's an icky situation out there, For you and mommy, Muffin. I love you.

She gave Ella a loving hug and kiss on the lips, then she went to her dad. Liza was nervous. Coronavirus, Police brutality, sexism, racism, looting, protest etc. It was hard to bring kids up in a scary world but she would have to manage and persevere for the human race, that the world would sometimes be better without, but she tried to keep her cool and stay positive. They went to the protest. Chris showed Ella things, told Ella things, but the 7 year old didn't truly get the point yet. They went to get food to eat in the park. He would try his best to explain to her in a way she understood.

Chris: Kitten, do you know why I took you to see all that stuff?

Ella: Mmm... to have a parade?

Chris: That wasn't a parade that was a protest.

Ella: What's a protest?

Chris: When people think something isn't right, they come together to tell the people in charge why it isn't right.

Ella: Oh.

Chris: I wanna tell you about George Floyd and what it means to people like us.

Ella: Like the boxer!

He gave a small chuckle.

Chris: No Baby, that's Floyd Mayweather.

Ella: Oh.

Chris: George Floyd, died. A cop placed his knee on his neck so he couldn't breathe, even though he was wearing handcuffs.

Ella's eyes filled with sadness and shock.