Oh

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Come on (Y/N), just tell her!"
Ty Lee exclaims.

I look at her with uncertainty. What if she doesn't like me like that. But what if something goes right? Argh! I don't know!

"(Y/N), if anything goes wrong, we'll be here for you. Okay?" Mai reassures me.

I look at her and sigh. I hesitantly agree. They both look at each other and smile. I smile back and go look for a certain someone.

I look for Azula and she's in her room. She looks so perfect sitting there and planning for her world domination. I knock and hear her say,

"Yes? I'm busy. Hurry up."

"Hey, it's me."

"Oh, (Y/N). What do you need?" She turns to me and asks.

"I umm. I need to talk to you." I say nervously playing with my hands.

I look up at her and I get lost in her golden eyes and just admire her overall beauty.

"Well? I don't have all day." She days a little annoyed.

I take a deep breath and run what I want to say in my head.

"I- I love you." Well that was a thought out plan. I say and look into her eyes.

But that was a big mistake. I saw the pity in her eyes and I knew my answer.

She sighs. "(Y/N). I'm sorry, but I don't like you in that way." She tries to let me down gently.

"Oh." I take a second to process what she said.

"Yeah, no I get it. I- I should go. I'm sorry for wasting your time." I rush out and speed walk out of the room.

"(Y/N)!" Azula tried to call for me, but I'm almost out the palace.

I knew it! Why would she like anyone like me! I'm such an idiot!

I hear my name getting called by Mai and Ty Lee but all I want to do is run. Run away from my feelings. My problems. My life. I need to escape.

I keep running with no destination in mind with tears running down my face and vision blurred.

*Time Skip*

I sit by a tree because I've ran for a while. I'm pretty far away from the palace, but not too far. I sit and just let out all my pent up anger, sadness, disappointment. How will this affect our friendship? Does she still want to be friends? Why did I go do that?

I don't know how long I sat beside the tree looking out over the city, but I eventually fell asleep.

Mai's POV:

I'm worried about (Y/N). I feel bad because we egged her on and now this happened.

"Do you think she's alright?"
Ty Lee asks.

I look at her and sigh.

"I really don't know. Once she comes back, we will be there for her." I say staring at Ty Lee.

She nods and we wait in (Y/N)'s room.

*Time Skip*

(Y/N)'s POV:

I don't know what time it is, but it seems pretty late. I walk around the city and finally make my way back to the palace. I see all the pretty lights and it calms me down.

I know things aren't okay now, but I have a feeling it will be okay in the end. I go to my room and see Mai and Ty Lee sleeping on my bed. I smile at the sight and change into some clean clothes. I find some room on the bed and lay down.

Mai wakes up a bit and she makes sure I'm okay. I whisper back I'm fine and I'll tell her everything in the morning.

That night, I knew I had the best friends in the whole world. I close my eyes with a smile and drift off to sleep, but sadness still running through my head about all the events that occurred today.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have an awesome day/night!