Affection

(Y/N)'s POV:

Azula and I were in a secluded part of the palace, so I thought it was fine to hold her hand.

Okay, don't be so nervous. She's your girlfriend, you can hold her hand. I start to move my hand and once it slightly touches hers, Azula looks towards me.

"Why are you touching my hand? Do you need something? You know all you have to do is ask." Azula says while smiling at me.

"Oh, umm, it's not that." I say a bit quiet.

"Please speak up and what do you mean 'it's not that'? Why were you touching my hand then?" Azula asks impatiently.

"Because I want to hold your hand!" I shout and start to walk away.

As I'm walking I hear Azula trying to catch up. She's not running, but walking quickly. She catches up to me and turns me around.

"Look (Y/N), I'm sorry I sorta snapped at you. I'm just not used to affection and didn't know what you were doing. How can I make it up to you?" Azula apologizes.

"Well, you could come cuddle with me in your room." I say with a cheeky smile on my face.

"Deal, now let's go!" Azula says while grabbing my hand and running to her room.

*Time skip to laying in bed*

"Azula?"

"Hmm" I feel her say as I'm laying my head on her chest.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you. I just get so nervous around you and you're just perfect. I love you." I confess.

I feel Azula get rigid. I start to think maybe saying those three words right now was not at the right time. But I do love Azula, so I'm actually glad I said it.

"You don't have to say anything. It's okay." I tell her. I feel her relax and breathe normally.

"Thank you (Y/N). I think you're the most beautiful and intelligent girl I know." I feel her pull me closer. I know she can't say those words back, but I know she loves me as much as I love her. That night we held each other close and dreamt of our future lives together.