Pierre Gasly. First Kiss. Part 3

We get off the plane and hail a taxi.

Yet another thing Pierre isnt really used to.

He placed his arm around me and pulled me close in the back seat.

We could have sat and talked about what was going on, but Pierre knew it was best to just hug me close and let it be.

You pull up in your parents drive way. You and Pierre will stay here for a while until the stuff arrives.

"Mum." I say solemnly. My heart aches knowing that I am knly here because dad is sick. It pains me to know I didnt come cause I wanted to when I had the chance. It pains me to know it took a family member getting sick to come.

"Y/N. How are you?" My mum asked, holding back tears. I left home at a young age. Not young as in 13, like Pierre (I dont remember where I learned this. I'm pretty sure he left home at 13...) but still pretty young. I was barely an adult.

"Good." I say. My eyes meet my mum's and my soul shatters.

I drop my purse and go running to her. I slam into her and pull her into a deep hug. She hugs me back. Tears flow steadily from my eyes, and soak her shirt. I squeeze her tighter and she does the same to me. I can feel her tears running down my hair as she places her cheek on the top of my head.

I can't see Pierre. Hes behind me, but I know he is definently fighting off tears.

My mom takes me inside, and Piere follows after he picks up my purse and grabs his small luggage of clothing from the trunk.

My mum and I hug each other frequently and have conversations just by looking at each other.

My mum heads upstairs and tells me to follow. I motion for Pierre to come too.

At first he is reluctant, but then comes without me having to argue.

My dad is sitting in bed. My poor mother is so drained. He isnt easy to care for and she needs a break. I feel bad for my father too. Since he fell down the stairs and broke his leg, he had been extremely dependent and that cant be easy for him.

My mum sits on the bed beside my father. I sit on the foot of the bed, and Pierre stands behind/beside me.

"Dad, you are my father. You along side mu are the one who raised me to be the person I am today. I promised if I ever dated a guy, that I would bring him to you and let you see him for yourself. I am so sorry I didnt come see you sooner. Father, this is Pierre." I say as I take Pierres hand and place my other hand on my father's leg that is under the covers.

My father mumbles something and groans as he shifts his weight, trying to see Pierre without his glasses.

I motion for Pierre to go closer.

He does. My father looks him dead in the eye.

"Pierre, huh?" He starts. Even in this semi crippling state, my fathers personality prevails "you, you seem... uh... fancy" he said.

"Yes sir, I am Pierre. I am a formula one driver." Pierre said without a hitch.

"Son, look me in the eye." He ordered. Pierre obeyed.

"My Y/N is the most special person in the world. Got it? She is the sweetest angel, the kindest heart and the most amazing person. Understood? If you ever treat her like anything less than this, you'll have me to answer to." He says, giving pierre an intense stare.

"Mr y/l/n, your daughter is the most special, kind and sweet person I have ever met. She deserves the best, and therefore I'm surprised she has accepted me. I would never dream of hurting Y/N or her family in any way. And I am a man of my word" pierre said, looking straight into his eye.

"Y/N you've found a good one." My dad said, looking at me. "Dont lose him " he said, completely serious.

Pierre and I stay the night. He sleeps on one couch and I on the other.

Pierre and my dad became close. They had some good laughs and they seemed to get along in general. Pierre sat with him on his bed and watched sports with him on TV, yelling and throwing popcorn at the tv when the referee made a bad call.

It warms my heart.

Soon enough, Pierre and I head to my place a few  blocks over. We come to the door and start unloading boxes from my friends trunk. She helped me by driving them over here. We bring all the boxes to the front porch and leave them by the door.

Once they're all there, my friend leaves us to bring them in. Pierre and I stand there, his arm around my waist and we wave her good bye.

I open the door and step in, holding a box in my arms. Pierre follows.

He places the box on the table and stops  walking to admire the small front entry space. He does a full circle.

"I know, it's not much" I say, and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. This place is kind of embarrassing compared to the f1 drivers places.

"Its gorgeous. Its special." Pierre said smiling.

I realize I left the Christmas decor up.

Pierre realizes at the exact same time and points up to the archway into the main part of the home. I look up.

Mistletoe.

I feel his lips press against mine.

I let my arm float up to his neck and his arms wrap around my lower back, pulling me up to him. I am on my tippy toes, and he is leaning down. We kiss for what feels like hours.