Max Verstappen. How you guys met. Part 1.

I walk in through the door after work.

I'm exhausted. I put on the kettel of water and make myself some tea. As the waters boiling, I change out of my work clothes and into some comfy sweats. I have my old t shirt that is oversize, has been used while I paint walls and has some tears in it from renovations. I also have on my over sized sweat pants.

I walk to the bathroom and rub my makeup off my face before I even reach the bathroom. I splash myself with cold water and leave the makeup residue still kind of on. I'm just chilling at home, alone. Who cares what I look like. I pull my hair into a messy bun and go get my tea.

I head to the TV in my place. Why not play a racing sim or two? I settle in and set up a game. I'm kinda tired, and don't really want to be racing many people. I start a 1 v 1 with a computer generated opponent. I take a sip of my tea and start the race.

I win the race by 0.04 seconds. The other game hosts a party after. He turns on his camera. I can see him. Hes decent looking. Nice square facial structure, and beautiful eyes.

I mentally slap myself.

Stop it Y/N! You think every guy you meet is hot. You think to yourself.

"Hey, can you connect your camera? I want to see who beat me." The man asks.

"Sure hold on. I'm not a pretty sight right now. I'm kinda look like I just woke up "I say as I turn on the camera.

"Its alright. I did just wake up from falling asleep on the couch. You're a girl!" He said, the moment I switched on the camera.

"No duh. Did the voice not give it away?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well, where did you learn to drive like that?" He asks me.

"I don't really know. Lots of nights spent alone playing, I guess. "

"Well I demand a rematch" the man said.

"Why, so you can be beaten by a girl again?" You ask, mockingly.

"No, so I can beat the girl." He says.

We rematch. He won by 0.003 seconds.

We chat for a while. He seems like a nice guy. He has an obvious Dutch accent, and I kinda like it.

I recognize him from somewhere, but where?

"Well, that was fun. Now we're tied. Tie breaker round?" he asks

"sure. I've got no plans. Just me and my tea, chilling alone tonight. Gotta love the single life, right?" I say sarcastically.

The guy doesn't respond. We race again. I win.

"Well, you won the first time, I won the second. You won the third, its only fair if there's a fourth." the guy said. We continued racing like this. I win, he wins. I win, he wins. I look at the clock. WHAT? How is it already 2:30 in the morning?

"hey man, I should probably go to bed after this race. I have plans tomorrow night, and I don't wanna be tired for." I say.

"Sure. You go get your beauty rest." He said mockingly.

"Haha. I'll race you again soon and beat you once again." I say.

"Dream on." He said. We end the call.