George Russell. How you guys met. Part 2.

I start playing and singing.

Beatles, of course.

The Beatles fans are the ones most likely to toss me some money. 

Dressed like a girl from the 50s playing Beatles music on the corner of Penny Lane? I then realize how stupid this is. How much money did I think I was going to make? Obviously not enough to blive off of. 

A few people pass by and throw a coin or two at me. After an hour, I stop for a few minutes. I grab some water from the bottle I brought and count the money. 10 pounds. (~17 canadian dollars) That's a lot for playing music on a street corner for an hour. But the realization hits me. 10 pounds? And that's more than normal. I'm never going to be able to stay out of debt. I pick up my guitar and continue.

A few more people pass by. I decided to pull off a more elaborate scheme. I ask one of the people walking by to come over around the corner. I pass them 5 pounds of the 10 I've made so far. I ask them to put it down as if they were giving it to me. I then ask them to take a video of me playing and share it on some social media.

They agree.

They toss the 5 pounds I gave them plus another 5 from their own pocket in and smile. They take out their phone and record me. They share it on social media, and people started coming. Only about a dozen or so more. And they each only dropped about a pound for me. 

It's been another hour, and no one has passed me for 10 minutes now, and no one has left money for 30. I see a man walking down Penny Lane. My fingers hurt, but I'll do anything to get some money now. I start playing Obladi Oblada. It's easy, but sounds nice.

As the man walks closer, I see more detail. He seems rich. I see a massive watch on his wrist, and he just has that 'money' vibe. Seems nice though. I keep playing, and he stops to listen. I make sure I dont screw up.

Desmond has a barrow in the marketplace
Molly is the singer in a band
Desmond says to Molly, girl, I like your face
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

Desmond takes a trolley to the jeweller's store
Buys a twenty carat golden ring
Takes it back to Molly waiting at the door
And as he gives it to her she begins to sing

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on
Ob-la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

I end the song, and he drops a few pounds. I am kind of disappointed. He clearly has cash to spare.

"Take a break." He said. Ooh, he has such a hot British accent.

I take the guitar strap off my shoulders and put it back in its bag.