♡4. Charles Leclerc

4. You clearly dont love me any more
Requested by: f1roadie
_____

It was the middle of the night.
Today is my boyfriend Charles and I 3rd anniversary.
He left this morning to go to work without even acknowledging the significance of today.
At first I kind of just ignored it, because tomorrow is race day, and he needs to mentally prepare for it.

But now its starting to bother me.
He hasnt been as close to me recently.
He left today without the usual kisses and 'I love you's.
He didnt even seem to know that 3 years ago today, we met, fell in love and went on our first date. All in the same day!

I lay in bed looking at the clock. I should probably go to bed. Charles will be home soon, and if I'm awake, he will want to talk with me, and then he will be tired tomorrow for race day.

I fall asleep, thinking about how my boyfriend completely forgot about today.
_

I feel a hand shake me awake.
I roll over. Its Charles.

"Mon armour."he whispers to me "I have something for you" he said. He wraps me in a blanket and scoops me up and carrys me to the couch where he sits me down and sits with me.

He passes me a box of chocolates and a card. The card is hand made by him, and says "je t'aime, mon amour"

I smile weakly, knowing that he did remember, but still pissed off that I spent all day alone, with no lnowl that he remembered. 

"You clearly dont love me any more." I say as a tear slips out of my eye. "I spent all day sitting here alone, thinking you would just come home and have something special. But instead, I get a box of chocolates. And to worsen it, that is just another box of chocolates like the ones I bouth you last week when you made dinner." I say through sobs. "Forget it. You're an F1 driver, and I am lucky to be dating you. I don't need some fancy present to be happy, but it would be nice. Goodnight, Charles mon amour. See you tomorrow. I'll be at the race supporting you. Now no more talking. Get some sleep." I say. I didnt mean a word of the second part. I DO care that he didnt seem to remember today, and didnt seem phased by that. We go to bed, and no one said anything. He could hear my quiet tears and placed his hand on my waist as I lay in our bed, back facing towards him.
___

I am now in the paddock. Charles is having a really good race.  If all goes well, he can hold P4 and not lose it to the driver who is litteraly on his tail.

Charles speeds ahead. He passes the driver in front of him. Now in P3. Passes the next driver. And the next. P2.  P1. Charles finishes the race in 1st! I'm so proud.

I take back what I said last night. This is fine. No big deal. He got me chocolates and hes the best boyfriend I could dream of. That's enough for me.

Podium time. Charles gets up and receives the trophy. All 3 drivers get the bottle of champagne. As they are about to spray them, both the 2nd and 3rd place drivers stop, and Charles puts his hand up a bit, as if it was a signal. A man comes running to the podium with a microphone, and passes it to Charles.  The other 2 drivers put the champagne down.

"Y/N," charles says into the mic as it makes a screeching noise. "Y/N, mon amour, as many of you know, is my girlfriend. 3 years ago yesterday, we met, fell in love, and went on our first date, all in the same day. It was the best day of my life. Y/N, waking up every morning and seeing you is the best gift I could ever ask for. I know I didnt really get you anything special yesterday, so would you mind joining me up here?" He said. I come to the podium and stand behind the 1st place stand. He motions for me to come up to the platform. I blush, sort of embarrassed that I am on the podium when I didnt do anything but he ungrateful.

"Y/N, you are my everything. I love you more than you know, and nothing can ever change that. I see all 17 other drivers come out in front of the podium. "Y/N, you dont know this, but you mean more to me than anything." He continues. All the teams come out behind the drivers. A bunch take out their phones.

"Y/N," Charles starts. All the drivers and teams hum in harmony as Charles continues. He reaches in his pocket  "I would have bought you something more, but I wanted this moment to be even more special. Y/N, will you marry me?" He asks. Everyone goes completely silent. He gets on one knee, puts down the mic and opens the blue velvet box he was holding to show a beautiful diamond ring. It has a small ruby on one side and a sapphire on the other. The ruby is the color of the tie Charels was wearing when I met him and the sapphire is the color of the dress I had on. Tears come to my eyes. I cover my mouth with my right hand, stick out my left and nod. He slips the ring on my finger and stands up. He pulls me right close to him and kisses me.
The other 2 podium finishers shower us in the champagne.

The crowd is cheering, and countless drivers and team members are crying.
But all that faded. All I could see and feel was Charles, and his lips pressed against mine.