Her Fall

(Warning, this bit of the story contains suicide and depressing thoughts. If you are sensitive to the topic, skip this page. The next pages will get better, trust me. )

Nana's POV

For the longest time, I have hated myself.
People have told me left and right that I am easy-going and that I tend to rush relationships.

Zane Ro'meave.
He's a wonderful guy, a great guy. But he deserves better than someone who lies beneath their breath...I'm just a huge burden to him.
A burden..

I will write my last goodbyes and then jump off this building. It's New Year's Day. I told everyone else I was sick, and I was left alone.
I told Zane I'll be fine on my own

I lied.

I lie.

Zane's POV

I was hanging out with Nana and our friends for New Year's. It's been 4 years since the incident back on starlight, and our lives have gotten better. I don't know how long it will last, but this has been a great rest for us.

We grew tired, and it's been harder to sleep. Though lots of great things happened. A doctor somehow was able to revive Aaron's memories, Aphmau's wounds have healed, Laurance and Garroth are officially dating...now. And Lucinda regained her witch powers or..whatever..back, Travis and Katelyn are officially going out and they've been so lovey-dovey.

I'd say I'm annoyed but Nana is the same way towards me. Not only that but me and Nana are officially dating, it took me 4 years, but it was worth it. She told me she wanted to tell everyone herself but i told her we need to tell them together. Oh those were the days...it was so so lovely. Oh, also I own my own house! And Nana lives with me. Katelyn and Travis moved in together as well.

Currently, my girlfriend left awhile back, saying she was sick. I asked if she wanted me to come with her, to make sure she felt better..but she looked at me rather sadly and reassured me that she'll be fine, that she just needed rest. I let it slide but something felt wrong, so, after a couple of minutes of thinking, I told everyone else I was busy and I needed to go, and ran home.

I have asthma so it was hard to breathe as I ran. This mask isn't helping either, but I decided to keep it on. Once I reached the house hold, I heard Nana hum a soft tune, and I swung the door open. She stared at me, on the edge of the patio. I look around the room and saw a letter, then back at her. Nana smiled at me, waved, and as I ran to her, it was too late. She fell.

I looked down, and she splashed into the water, panicking, I ran down the stairs.

No no no no...
Irene no..
What happened...
What did I do..
No no no no...

Crying, I ran to rescue Nana, once I grabbed her from the lake, she was bleeding severely. I grabbed my phone and called the cops. I did what I can to stop the bleeding, I wrapped my shirt around the cut, it didn't help, so I propped up my scarf-like mask. I heard sirens in the distance, but at the same time, I couldn't hear anything.

Everything..was just getting better..
Why...
Why now...

*Two Hours Later*