°33°

Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating for a long time (hope it wasn't too long). I wasn't feeling too well and had to take care of my health first.

So guys, here's a new chapter and this is dedicated to just_tory try check out her book SOUR CREAM.

Enjoy.

                    ~°~°~°~°~

            °Jeremiah's POV°

Dami stayed the night at my place, so we could journey to Uyai's place with Just one car. The morning came flashing by and we both decided to use Dami's car as a means of transportation.

Mum most especially was the one shocked when she noticed Dami and I at the dinner table around five in the morning, eating breakfast. Uyai's place seemed to be far and we needed to get there on time.

We finally got to the street Uyai texted me about. It happened to be a dusty less busy street. Dami decided to get down from the back seat, so he could ask questions to anyone seen wandering on the road.

We both noticed a crippled on the save side of the road. We knew better not to ask him, but Dami thought otherwise. He began to move towards the little boy, as if drawn to him.

"Hey," Dami squat in front of the younger boy. "What's your name?"

I knew why he was drawn to the boy. The little boy happened to share the same problem with his elder sister, before they found a solution. Just like Dami's sister, the little boy's left hand was missing.

"Gabriel," The little boy replied shakily.

Dami pointed at the boy's missing arm. "If you don't mind me asking," The little boy looked up in a confused manner. "What happened?"

The realization hit Gabriel's face, as he stare down at his missing arm. "I got shot, badly."

Dami turned to look at me, before looking back at Gabriel. "So sorry. What about your parents?"

"Don't have one," The boy's eyes began to water.

"Then where do you stay?" Dami voiced out almost immediately.

"At a hut not too far," The boy pointed to the right. Dami and I looked at that direction. Though we couldn't see any hut, we nodded our head.

"You're living alone? No relative, nothing?" Gabriel shook his head instead of voicing out his response. "How old are you?"

"Twelve," He said softly. Dami got up with a frustrated sigh. He then dragged me away from the boy, so we could talk privately.

"He's only twelve?" Dami was still stunned. "The little guy needs help."

"I know," I stared at the boy for a second or two.

"But there's nothing we can do about his crippled state. Not at the age of twelve at least." His voice held pity on the boy's missing arm.

"Why?" I asked. I knew it was possible to help the boy out.

"Have you forgotten?" He tapped me at the side of my head, then I knew what he was getting at.

"Jeremiah, to fit him with a prosthesis would cost about this much." He spread his arms a little bit. "But that isn't the problem. I'm sure my dad would give me the money or help out himself."

Dami pointed at Gabriel. "But Gabriel is only twelve years old. His body will keep growing until he's seventeen or maybe eighteen. He probably will outgrow the prosthesis every few months. I'm just thinking financially, it's not practical."