twenty-one

is that 10,000 words around the cornerrr???? BYE.

***
TWENTY-ONE: IN 1984, I FELL IN LOVE

***TWENTY-ONE: IN 1984, I FELL IN LOVE

Introducing a new character: 👀

Tatyana Ali  | • Eleanor "Nori" Roberts***

Tatyana Ali | • Eleanor "Nori" Roberts
***

I was going back to meet up with my mom and Trophy when I ran into Randy.

He smiled widely, coming over to greet me, but I held out my hand. It hit his chest and he stopped abruptly; arms extended to bring me into a hug.

"What's the matter?"

"What's the matter?" I mocked him and his eyebrows furrowed. "The next time you try and get in my head about Michael, Randy, I will make you pay."

He chuckled, taking a step back. "I got in your head about Mike? By telling you the truth?"

"The truth? Randy, we both know what you were saying even without you directly saying it."

"All I said was you're not the type of girl he would marry, that's it."

"No," I drawled, "you were saying I was too dark to be the girl out on the front line with him. That I would dirty up his image because I was too black, too loud, and-"

"I did not say that!" He exclaimed and I clenched my jaw.

Using my pointer finger I poked at his wide forehead.

"But it's what you were trying to say. I love my skin, I love my loudness, and I take pride in who I am. But if you want us to stay friends, if you want to ever talk to me again, you better never say anything like that to me again."

He nodded and I started to walk away but stopped and turned around. He'd been watching me, so his eyebrows rose.

"Michael is my boyfriend, Randy. I'm with him. I love him. So, stop doing what you do to make him upset."

A cocky smile spread across his face as he coolly asked, "so he's afraid of a little competition?"

I laughed, not intentionally, because I'm sure there was some girl out there that would like and even love Randy like I loved Michael, but fortunately for my sake; that girl was not me.