thirty-two

this updated was asked for. better yet it was BEGGED for so.... i really feel like y'all can't be mad at me for whatever happens right, right? glad we on the same page☺️
***

THIRTY-TWO: ULTIMATUMS

January 26th, 1986

Michael and I's relationship since my dad died was already shaky, but ever since I dropped the annulment bomb, and not because I seriously meant it, but because I was pissed off; it was now on thin ice.

He'd told me he'd be staying at the hideout for a couple days, but a couple days had turned into five, that turned into ten, and soon it'd be two weeks.

My pride wouldn't allow me to reach out to him and I guess he was still too angry—or hurt—to do the same.

But, I did miss him, and a big part of me thought the current separation might've been for the best.

Nori's heavy sigh broke my train of thought, followed by her asking, "Why don't you just call him?"

I felt her eyes on me as I stared off into space. I looked her way, my feet pulled up on the couch covered by a blanket and hers the same with only a cushion of space between us.

She started to twirl a forkful of spaghetti from the plate in her hands, breaking our short trance.

"You know you miss him," she added. "An apology can go a long way. I mean, you didn't mean to say what you said..."

She paused and looked at me. "Right?"

I laid my head on the couch, my hangover still doing a damn good job of trying to take me out.

"And really," she continued in her softess tone which meant she was about to tread into conversational territory that could possibly anger me. "You can't be mad right now. Are we going to just forget all about Keith?"

"Nori—"

"Legs wrapped around his waist, arms across his shoulders, tongue in his mouth..." She flawlessly painted the unwanted visual.

She ate her spaghetti and with a mouthful added, "cheater."

"You know what Nori," I hopped up from the couch ready to tell her about how her passive aggressive opinions towards Michael and I's current situation was seriously starting to piss me off, but then I stopped.

Even with her nice outfit and hair done in a cute and curly ponytail I could tell just how tired Nori truly was. She was paler than normal and the bags under her eyes told me that she wasn't getting much rest. Then not to mention the obvious weight-loss proven by the slimming of her face.

"What?" She swallowed, twirling more spaghetti as I sat back down not unleashing the slew of words I wanted to say. "Don't hold back on me just because I have cancer. Say what you wanna say."