sixteen - victory tour break I

Unfortunately, this is one of those boring chapters that have to happen before the rest can happen, so here it is. I promise that the next update next weekend will be a lot more appetizing 😜.

***

SIXTEEN: LOVEABLE

August 26, 1984LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

August 26, 1984
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

August 26, 1984LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

[Keva Dewberry - Zaria's Cousin]

"Zaria," Michael sighed heavily on the opposite side of the restroom door. "Will you please come out?"

I looked in the mirror, disgusted at the weeks-old braid out on my hair and the tiredness in my eyes. He knocked on the door and said, "I won't stand here for too much longer."

"No one told you to stand there in the first place," I replied jazzily, and I heard him groan on the opposite side of the door. "Tell Bill to stay and you leave."

"I am not-Bill is my security! He's coming with me."

"Fine, then leave me someone else," I replied back quickly. "Since you want to be a big baby about your security. But I'm not getting off this plane."

"You have to."

"Says who?"

"Me!"

"Ha," I gasped. "No authority there."

He growled again, "Zaria."

I didn't want to go home. Not that I didn't miss my mother, because I did, and I wanted to see her. But for a couple of hours, not a week.

On top of that prior to the plane right back to California I had spoken with her only to find out that my aunt Stacey along with my cousin Keva were visiting for a few days too.

Keva and I were close once upon a time and when I say that I mean diapers, maybe even childhood, but then we grew up.

She became the normal one according to some members on my mom's side of the family while I was the one everyone had to keep one eye open for.