ten

So the vote was 8 (this one) to 7 (W4Y), but then one more person voted W4Y while I was in the mist of writing this, so what I'll probably do is update that story, too, or at least try.

Anyway, I worked hard on this chapter, so don't be afraid to vote and comment.

Thank you.

~*~
TEN: ROAD RANGE

~*~TEN: ROAD RANGE

May 12, 1984

Two weeks later I graduated from the very place that kept me imprisoned for four years of my life

Two weeks later I graduated from the very place that kept me imprisoned for four years of my life. The place where they taught me things I would never use in everyday life like how to run a mile, the history of the white man's America, and how to starve throughout the day because school lunch was disgusting.

Granted I never woke up early enough to pack my own, but that didn't mean I deserved to the eat the dog food they tried to label as a healthy midday meal.

So, when I walked across the stage when they finally reached my row of R and the beginning of S last names I was more than excited.

"Not nice knowing you. Hated your class. So glad I never took your class."

The teachers, for the sake of appearances, kept the smile on their faces as I passed by them and shook their hands. I was about to be a free agent, so I couldn't care less what they had to say.

Hand mama her diploma because she made it!

I got up to Principle Harris, stopping to grab a hold of his hand, so the photographer at the bottom of the stage could snap the photo.

"Be good Miss Robinson," he said sternly after the picture was snapped. He shook my hand firmly.

Stop cheating on your wife with the ninth grade ELA teacher, I thought to say but kept it to myself. That would surely get my diploma withheld... at least for a couple of days until my mother called the school and raised hell, of course after ripping me a new one for disrespecting the principle.