fifteen - victory tour

FIFTEEN: NEW TERRITORY

August 8, 1984NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

August 8, 1984
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

August 8, 1984NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

| Zaria's POV ... |

Saturday- 08/04/84
NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

The third worst thing to be in America was broke.

The second worst thing to be in America was a woman.

And then the absolute worst thing to be in America was black.

And Gotdamnit if I wasn't a mixture of all three of those things.

But today was the day that I was going to make some money come hell or high water.

"Add a little honey..." I mumbled to myself as I stood at the table in the big hotel room.

I had the table a mess which I knew I should've been cleaning up soon and getting ready before Michael returned. But I had to keep all my ingredients within reach in case I needed to add more of them.

I used the popsicle stick to mix everything in the bowl until it was a smooth, but thick, consistency before transferring it into a small mason jar.

With a permanent marker I marked the top as I had done with the others. #8. $10.00.

If I could sell all eight of the jars-plus the ones I had yet to make-then I would be up 110 bucks making my net profit $98 once I gave Michael back the twelve dollars I asked him to loan me.

Honestly though, now as I thought about it, I wasn't sure if I was going to give it back. It depended on how this dinner that he was dragging me to tonight went.

Until then his refund was pending.

I was so into what I was doing that once again I lost track of time. It wasn't until I heard commotion and voices outside the hotel room, and the opening of the door, that I looked over at the clock.