twenty - victory tour

Authors note that y'all ain't ask for:

Idk how this ended up being 11,000+ words but yet here we are. I promise there's purpose to this chapter even if it seems pointless. 🙃
Also please vote and comment as I worked hard and fast to produce this update lol and I got stranded at work bc someone called off so I worked a double shift (12 hours back to back) so i'm going off two hours of sleep and a pb&j sandwich.

BBB💋

P.S. Can you all guess what Prince video Zaria is gonna star in come '85? 👀

P.S.S. The next chapter will conclude 1984 and open up 1985. 1985 is going to fast (relatively), but 86 picks up generously.

Enjoy this update loves.
***

TWENTY: YOU'RE NOT MY KIND OF GIRL

December 9, 1984

[Trophy Lucky]

Waking up at 3 o'clock in the morning, and not by my own decision, came with a serious attitude as I got up from my bed, walked to the kitchen and grabbed the phone off the hook.

It had better be important since they had called not once, not twice, but three times, failing to take the hint that people in this house were sleep!

"There are special places for people like you who call at 3 in the morning, they named it hell."

I was expecting it to be Michael... home from the studio and too awake to sleep, but when Janet's tearful voice spoke through the phone sleep evaded.

"Janet?"

"Zaria, I'm sorry but..." I waited, hearing her sniffling. "But can you come to Hayvenhurst, please?"

In Trophy's absence, Janet had become my best friend, aside from Michael who, if he heard me say it and not mention him too, might be highly offended.

It's kind of like we both needed each other now that Trophy and I were no longer friends and she was married, and the thought alone had a chill rolling through my body.