Chapter Thirty-Four: She Still Likes You

Niall's POV

I climb into bed getting underneath the heavy comforter. I told myself I wouldn't think about Kayla until I went to bed. Now that I'm in bed I still don't want to think about her. The 'what ifs' are still eating my brain alive. I don't even know if I'll be able to handle seeing her again. It was already hard enough earlier today.

I lay on back staring down the boring ceiling. I've been like this for 5 minutes not even thinking about anything, just staring at the blankness. Probably because I want to avoid the topic I know I'll have to discuss with myself. 

I'm interrupted by my phone ringtone going off. Ed Sheeran's song The A Team plays telling me that it's one of my default ringtones and not someone special enough to have been given their own unique ringtone. I reach next to me fumbling my hand around trying to find it. Once I get ahold of it I slide the green 'CALL' button across my screen before pressing it to my ear not even looking to see who is calling me. "Hello?" I answer.

"Niall, it's Anabelle," the voice on the other line says. My eyes widen and I sit up in my bed pulling the comforter up with me to keep me covered.

"Hey Anabelle," I say a little shocked.

"How have you been?" she asks making a little small talk before she tells me why she called.

"Not bad, you?" I ask back.

"Pretty good," she replies back. I've seen Anabelle a few times since Kayla has left London last summer. We used to hang out a bit since she was Josh. She would come over with Josh or Josh would bring her to rehearsals a few times. She even became friends with the other lads and would sometimes just hang out with them if Josh was busy. Her and I hung out a few times, but when Kayla and I broke up we stopped hanging out with it being just us. I still saw her whenever Josh brought her places, but Josh stopped bringing her by when it was going to be just us. I'm assuming because he knew it would be a little much for me. I don't mind her being around when we're all there because I understand. She's Josh's girlfriend, he should be allowed to bring her where he wants.

I just find it hard because she's Kayla's best friend. I had to force myself not to go up to her and ask how Kayla was doing. She could tell me she's either doing bad or good, and both of those answers would break my heart. If she was doing bad I would blame myself that I should have never even talked to her in the first place during that line in Starbucks or should have realized it was a summer fling and just end it right before she left. If she was doing good that means she's moved on. I would be happy for her, but I'd be wishing that I was the one making her happy.

"Kayla's back in London," Anabelle says when a few moments of a slightly awkward silence goes by.

"I know," I simply say. 

"You know? How do you…" she says before I cut her off.

"I saw her," I reply, "Outside her hotel when you were dropping her off."

"Did she see you?" she asks.

"No, atleast I don't think so. I was on the other side of the street," I say.

Anabelle lets a few moments of silence go by before saying, "You know, Kayla still likes you."

"She does?" I ask back a little taken back by how straight forward she is.

"Of course she does!" Anabelle exclaims like it's a no brainer.

"Did she tell you that?" I question still unsure if she is right.

"Well, technically no, but," she replies.

I interrupt her not letting her finish and say, "Then how do you know? You could be making this up in your mind. She probably hates me."

"If you would have let me finish I would have told you that I am her best friend. I can tell when there is something wrong just like how you can with the boys. I can also tell when she is lying to me," Anabelle says.

"She lied to you?" I ask.

"Yeah, she did. She told me she was over you. I can tell you that she is most definitely not because she snapped at me. She only snaps at me when she is trying to cover something up," she explains.

"Are you sure? What if she is just annoyed with everyone asking if she is over me. I still see on Twitter people sending her tweets asking if she is doing alright without me," I respond.

"If I wasn't sure why would I be calling you?" Anabelle says.

"Okay, you have a point," I sigh. 

"So Niall…" she pauses before continuing, "The real question is, do you still like her?"

I sigh, "Of course I still do."

"Then what are you doing just laying there? She's back in London! You should be going after her!" Anabelle exclaims.

"I should! I should be going after her!" I say back.

"Exactly! You need to tell her exactly how you feel and make her finally admit that she still has feelings for you," she replies.

"But how? How do I even begin to tell her all of this?" I ask still completely confused on how to do all of this. It's not like I can just walk right up to her and ask for her back. Things are more complicated than that, it's going to take a little bit more convincing and a tad bit more effort on both of our parts.

"I got an idea, but I still have a few things to figure out to make sure it will work. You doing anything tomorrow night?" she asks.

"No, was just planning to sit on me couch all day and do nothing," I say.

"Good, I'll call you tomorrow and tell you the plan. Just be prepared to see her tomorrow and figure out what you're going to say," Anabelle advises.

"Okay, will do," I say.

"Get some sleep though, she's not going to take you back if you have bags under your eyes," Anabelle teases.

I chuckle and say, "Goodnight Anabelle."

"Goodnight Niall," Anabelle replies.

"Anabelle?" I say to see if she is still there.

"Yeah Niall?" she responds.

"Thank you," I simply say.

"Your welcome Niall, now go to bed," she says before hanging up.

I smile before hanging up and falling back onto my pillow. This might work out just fine. I could possibly get the girl of my dreams back. I know I made a huge mistake when we both decided it would be better to split apart. Here's my chance, you don't get second chances very often. I am definitely not passing up the chances to make this all work out again. 

Hello Again :D Vote, Share, Fan, Comment! all the things you get told to do every week. and follow me on Twitter @NiallersNextHoe and I will follow you lovely readers back :D Tell me what you think in the comments :D Do you think Niall really will try getting her back or do you think he's going to chicken out? What do you think the plan is going to be to get her back? Do you think Kayla will say yes if he asks? Will they end up living happily ever after? Get excited for next Sunday's update where you might just find out !!

and if you ever need someone to talk to or just want to talk, feel free to message me on Twitter or on here! Even though I have a busy life I will eventually sometime throughout the day read it and would love to talk :D Have a good rest of the day, or night, or morning. I don't know what time it is for you, but it's almost 6pm here. Well bye darlings! thank you so much for reading my fanfic, really does mean the world to me. can't believe I have 13K reads!