Chapter Twenty-Six: It's Time To Get Up

Niall's POV

My eyes open and I quickly shut them at an attempt to block out the sun shining in through the windows. I squeeze my eyes tightly before opening them up again, squinting trying to adjust to the light. I look around realizing I'm not in my own room and then remember where I am. I look down and smile at my beautiful girlfriend sleeping in my arms. She lays halfway on top of me with her strong, thin arms wrapped around me tightly. I rub my eyes with the hand that isn't wrapped around her trying to wake myself up a bit. 

Today's the day of the wedding Kayla invited me to. I'm excited to see her in that dress. I just know she'll look stunning. She'd look stunning in anything really. I love seeing her when she wears sweatpants and her hair all messy in a bun. Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself on the dance floor. But who cares, we'll have a blast anyways. I like attending weddings, even though this might be a little awkward since I don't know the people. 

Today is not just the day of the wedding, but it's the day before Kayla's flight back across the Atlantic Ocean. Even though I've been excited for this wedding, I've been dreading this day. I'm even more dreading tomorrow where Anabelle and I are taking her to the airport. If only I could hold on to her forever and never let her get on that plane. We still haven't even talked about what we are going to do. We've kind of procrastinated with this discussion, neither one of us wanting to be faced with the reality of her having to leave. 

Kayla squirms a little in my arms and I watch her as she readjusts and snuggles back into my arms. I smile while I watch her sleep. She looks so peaceful while sleeping. I feel her heartbeat pound against my chest. I can tell she won't be asleep for much longer so I take in as much of this moment as I can.

"Ughhh," Kayla moans while trying to keep the morning sun out of her eyes. After a few moments she lifts up her eyelids exposing her brown eyes.

"Morning sleeping beauty," I say quiet enough for it not to be too loud for her delicate morning ears. 

She smiles burrowing her face back into my chest while saying, "Morning handsome."

"Did ya have a good nights sleep?" I ask while brushing her hair out her face.

"Yes, you?" she mumbles into my shirt.

"It was great since you were here," I answer.

She turns her head to face the clock and slowly sits up when she sees the time. "Looks like we'll have to get ready soon," she says while straightening out her messy, morning hair. The wedding ceremony starts at 1 and Anabelle's mom is coming to pick us up at 11:45 since the wedding takes place about 30 minutes away. Kayla told me Anabelle was going to be the flower girl so we wouldn't get to see her until the reception.  Knowing how girls work, Kayla will spend probably the whole rest of this time just trying to get ready. 

I sit up and wrap my arms around her waist and say, "You can shower first, your going to need longer to get ready anyways.

"Okay, babe. If your wanting something to eat I have food in the mini fridge and there's some snacks in the bottom drawer of the dresser," she points out for me. She continues and says, "I'm guessing your wanting breakfast so just eat whatever you want. I'll try not to take too long in the shower."

"Don't use up all the hot water," I tease as she gets up off me and starts collecting a few more things she'll need with her in the bathroom before taking her shower.

When she walks in the bathroom and I continue to lay on the bed before finally pulling my body up and off the sheets. I go over to where she said the food was at and start looking through what kind of food she has. I find a whole box of the original Cheerios. I grab the box and plop right down on the  bed opening the box up and eating right out of the box flinging cheerios into my mouth. So i'm not the only one who likes plain Cheerios. I get up with the box of Cheerios and start grabbing all the stuff I'm going to need to get ready out of my overnight bag. I lay out all my stuff on top of the bed and I lay back down on the other side of the bed still shoving Cheerios in my mouth. What can I say? I get hungry in the morning.