Chapter Five: Break Time

Niall's POV

I wait for Liam to take the last picture with some of the fans who were waiting for us outside of the studio. We wave goodbye to the girls and turn around to go out to eat for our lunch break. Paul follows behind us making sure we don't get mobbed and says, "Okay boys, you have 1 hours until you have to be back in the studio."

"We know Paul. You don't have to keep reminding us, we're responsible lads. Are we not?" Liam says innocently being the guy who follows Paul's rules the most. 

"Well others in the group are not so good with the time," Paul declares and I can feel him looking at me.

"Hey, that was just one time. I was distracted!" I exclaim.

"Distracted by a girl," Paul reminds me. 

Liam then quickly says, "Oh, how was your date with her. Kayla, right?"

"Yeah, it was really good. Pretty amazing," I say wanting to tell him every little thing about the date. 

 We walk around the corner walking over by a cart selling sandwiches. Liam pulls out his wallet and orders our usual since we have come here many times during breaks while we are recording. Once he hands the worker the money Liam turns around to face me leaning on the vending cart, "So i'm guessing the 'I'll just wing it' worked," he says as he takes the change back from the worker shoving it inside his wallet. 

"Yeah, it did. We just walked around, went into a costume store, got some smoothies." I say acting like it was no big deal but on the inside i'm exploding with happiness just thinking about her.

"What did you guys do at a costume store?" Liams questions as he takes the sandwich from the worker.

I grab my sandwich that she hands me over the vending cart and follow Liam to a table. "We just messed around, you know? We tried on some costumes and just had fun," I explain as we sit down at the nearest table. "Here, I have some pics," I say as I reach into my black sweatpants pocket searching for my phone. 

I pull it out and activate the screen. I glide my thumb across the screen entering into my Photo Gallery and pressing one of my favorite pictures to enlarge it. I show the screen to Liam and he laughs, "What are you wearing?". Paul sneaks a peak at the screen and chuckles. 

"We picked out costumes for each other," I say turning the screen to face me again. I smile at my phone screen thinking about how much fun I had last night.

"Well if a girl got you to wear that then you must really like her. Man those pants looked tight," Liam laughed as he takes his sandwich out of the thin paper it comes in. 

"Don't even get me started on those! I respect all girls who go through the trouble of getting those on every day," I declare, opening up my sandwich too. 

"What about all the lads around the world that like wearing them?" Liam asks as he takes a bite out of his sandwich.

"I don't know what lad would want to voluntarily wear pants that make your balls that pressed up against you," I exclaim taking a huge bite out of my sandwich. I can tell Paul is trying not to laugh as he looks around making sure there are no mobs of girls for us. 

Liam laughs before taking another bite out of his sandwich. Once he swallows he says, "Well judging by the picture she's very pretty."

I smile at the fact that Liam likes her so far, "Yeah, she's a real beauty." 

"Are you planning on asking her out on a second date?" Liam questions taking a huge bite of his sandwich. 

"I already asked." I say smiling because I just can't wait much longer for it.