Chapter 18

Previously on "My Fair Maiden":
"I thought you left." I said and he shook his head, causing some water to roll down the side of his face.

"Sherlock told me to be here, and comfort you. I'm sorry about your boyfriend. The way he talked to you, you don't deserve him." John said and I felt that tightness in my throat, and tears started flowing down my face. I desperately tried to wipe them away, but they kept rolling down my face. John sat next to me, and scooped me up into his arms, as if to say, just cry.

Δ
Now:

And that's exactly what I did. I cried, and cried, and cried. I haven't cried this long since, an accident. I had let out all the stress that's been built up, the sadness I had kept within me. John didn't seem to mind though, as he just rubbed my back. He didn't try to stop me, as if he knew I needed to let out my tears. I had my face in my hands, and John's arms wrapped around my shoulder, slowly rubbing circles on my back. As I slowly came to a stop, and I started to hiccup, instead of sob, John chuckled.

"You know, with all that crying, I thought for sure that all of London would be having a flood, right now." John joked, and I laughed into his chest.

"God, I haven't cried like that in years." I said as I leaned out of John's arms.

"I can tell. Just remember, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here, and so is Mrs Hudson. And even though he," John said and pointed to Sherlock, who was sitting in his chair, while staring at me. "Even though he can be an uncaring person, you can cry in front of him. He won't judge." John said, and I chuckled.

"I'll remember that." I said as I wiped my face of tears, then wiped my hands on my jeans.

"So, I'm taking a guess that you're used to us." I heard John say as he stood up and I nodded.

"I am. You should be happy, I'm not usually  this emotional. " I said while leaning back. I sighed and cleared my throat.

"I didn't think I could cry that much." I chuckled and I heard John come back to the living room. He was about to say something when his phone went off. He excused himself, and walked back to the kitchen.

"The girl you were talking to on the phone yesterday, that was his other girlfriend." Sherlock said and I nodded. I looked at him and smiled.

"Too bad I can't be like you. No emotions, or feelings. Must be wonderful." I told him and he shrugged. John walked out and grabbed his coat.

"Well, Sherlock, you get to take care of Destiny. Mary has called, and I must be off. I'll see you two in a couple of days." John said as he grabbed a few things, and hugged me.

"Bye, John! Be careful." I yelled to him as he closed the door.  I sighed, and I rubbed my forehead, while thinking.

"I just let him go out there. I hope he gets lost." I grumbled. Sherlock chuckled and I heard him shuffle.

"Would you like tea, Destiny?" Sherlock asked and I thought about it.

"Uhm, no thanks." I said politely as I tucked my knees up onto the couch. I was thinking about the case, and how I would get to be a stripper. Fun, fun. I didn't even know what I would be doing. Did I have to talk to someone, or did I just keep quiet, and let Sherlock do the talking. Soon, Sherlock came out of the kitchen with a cup of tea. I chuckled at my thoughts and I closed my eyes.

"So, for the case, what-" I was saying when Sherlock cut me off.

"You get to dance, and talk to the employees. Hopefully you can describe them to me, and I'll find the killer. We get three weeks to figure it out." Sherlock said and I nodded.

"Ok. Sounds good to me." I said and I stood up. Sherlock had his eyes closed, but once I stood up, his eyes snapped open.

"Where are you going?" he asked and I looked at him as I walked to the door.

"My apartment. I'm gonna take a nap. Then make dinner. You're welcome to join if you want. Just the dinner part though." I laughed as I opened the door. I walked out and closed the door. I walked downstairs to my room. I entered the apartment with a yawn. I closed the door, and I walked to my room. I face planted on the black silk sheets. I kicked off my shoes, and I climbed under the duvet, and I leaned my head against the pillow. I closed my eyes, and fell asleep within seconds.