Chapter 16

Previously on, "My Fair Maiden":
"Sounds good." I said and straightened my posture and turned to leave.

"Hope you know how to dance." Lestrade said and I chuckled.

"Oh, believe me. I know." I said and I walked out with Sherlock by my side.

Δ
Now:

"Why do I have to be the stripper? Why can't you?" I asked and Sherlock looked at me.

"Because I have to be the customer. You get to be the dancer." Sherlock said and I nodded.

"Sounds like a terrible plan." I mumbled and I sighed. Sherlock hailed a cab, and I was just gonna walk.

"C'mon Destiny, the faster we examine the body, the faster you get home to your boyfriend." Sherlock said and I nodded. I hopped in and Sherlock told the driver to go to St. Bart's.  Once we arrived, Sherlock paid the cabbie, and we quickly walked inside. We got to the morgue, and walked in. Molly and Eve were working on some paper work, but once we entered, they stopped laughing and looked at us. Eve glared at me, but Molly smiled at me. A real genuine smile, so I returned the smile, and looked at a still glaring Eve.

"What?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't, Eve." I warned her as I followed Sherlock to the body. I looked at the body, his stomach held, at least twenty stab wounds. Some in the same spot, and some elsewhere.

"This lady wasn't very good at stabbing her victim." I said and Sherlock nodded.

"Yeah, she also stabbed him on this side, three times." Sherlock pointed, and I nodded.

"She was right handed. There are no stabs on this side." I stated and Sherlock looked up at me, and smirked.

"That doesn't mean anything, Destiny." Eve said and I looked at her questioningly. She was a real bitch today.

"Good work, Detective Maiden." he said and I did a small bow.

"Thank you, Detective Holmes. I learn from the best." I said and Sherlock chuckled.

"Hey, can you hand me a light, Sherlock?" I asked and he went to grab something.

"Destiny! This is no place to smoke." Eve gasped and I snapped.

"Eve! Just shut up!" I snapped at her.

"I'm doing my job, you do yours. I'm not going to smoke." I said, and Sherlock handed me a flashlight. I turned my glare away from Eve, and looked at Sherlock.

"Thank you." I said and softened my expression. I turned on the flashlight. I pointed the beam at the guy's neck. There was a dot where his neck met his shoulder. I quickly got up, and looked around and found rubber gloves. Molly had left, but Eve was doing paperwork. I quickly ran across the room, and grabbed a pair of gloves and put them on as I jogged back to the body. Sherlock was watching me. His face filled with curiosity. As I got back, I grabbed the flashlight, and I hopped I was right. I touched the dot, and went to wipe it off. The mark was still there.

"Sherlock, do you have a magnifying glass?" I asked and I saw him dig in his pocket, and he pulled out a magnifying glass. He handed it to me, and I put it above the mark.

"Did you guys find any traces of drugs or sedatives in his blood?" I asked as Molly came back and she had to think.

"Small traces of a sedative, but not a lot to make him unconscious." Molly said and I looked over my shoulder, and I smirked at Sherlock.

"Looks like our man was drugged up." I said and Sherlock nodded. I turned back, and looked at the mark.

"Was he the only one in this murder?" I asked and I stood up straight, and handed the magnifying glass back to Sherlock.

"Yes, if there was more, I would have figured out who the killer was." Sherlock said and I nodded.

"Ok." I mumbled, my brain trying to piece the clues together.

"Destiny, I'm not gonna be home tomorrow. Molly is letting me hang out with her." Eve said, quietly. I looked at her and nodded.

"Alright." I said, and I left. I walked out into the crisp air. I realized I still had the gloves on, so I peeled them off. I stuck my hands in my jacket pockets, and I decided to go back to my apartment.