C H A P T E R 5 2

Arabella's POV

"Thank you." I said to the kind nurse who just put a band aid in the back of my hand. I rubbed my fingers over my band aid, feeling the stinging pain right on my poor vein. Today the doctors decided that I was good on my own digestion and circulatory system, so they removed the IV from me, and the awful cannula. And now my vein hurts like a bitch from getting punctured, I can't even touch the side of my hand without feeling the sting.

The nurse smiled at me and wrote something in my chart before bidding goodbye and exiting my room. I yawned out and looked in front of me toward those boring window and walls. All I did in these past days was sleep and disturb other people.

I heard the door open and then close. I looked at the direction and found my sister, Marissa, entering the room. I smiled at her which she returned with her own. She got closer to my bed and I scoot away giving her space to seat beside me. She sat beside me leaning back on the headboard of the bed.

"Does that hurts?" she asked taking my wounded hand in hers. I hummed and winched a little as she touched the band aid. Seeing my reaction she immediately let go of my hand.

"Yes that does. How are you?" I asked her keeping my hand in hers.

"Tired." She whispered closing her eyes. She looks much worn out. Bags under her eyes and frown etched on her face. Her appearance is making me worried about her.

"Mary?" I asked and she hummed

"I told him." She opened her eyes and looked at me.

"What did you told him?" she asked looking at me. I blushed feeling shy all of a sudden.

"That I love him." I said meekly. Her eyes widened and she hugged me making me squeal out in surprise.

"I'm so happy for you!" she said happily letting me go. I smiled and leaned on her shoulder hugging her by her side. We sat there is a comfortable silence of us sisters.

"He proposed." She said out of nowhere.

"Who-What?!" I asked jolting up in a straight position.

"Dominic proposed to me.... Prior to your accident." She said nodding her head.

"What did you say?" I asked absorbing her given information in. My sister might be already engaged! But she doesn't look happy. She looks anything but happy.

"I said I need some time." She said with a long sigh. "But I didn't tell him anything. Hell I was avoiding him all the while." She said placing her head in her hands. I placed my hand on her back and silently rubbed as she sat there rocking back and forth.

"Are you not sure about him?" I asked softly after a moment of silence. She shook her head side by side still not looking at me.

"Then?" I asked her taking her hands in mine at which she looked at me.

"I don't know. I know he is the one for me, b-but..." I raised my eyebrow at her silently asking her what.

"He probably hates me right now." She cried out with trembling lips.

"Then go and tell him the truth. He loves you sis, he can't be mad on you. Yeah probably a little hurt but that's it." I said resting my chin on her shoulder. She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Now?" she asked.

"The sooner the better." I said shrugging as I saw her take a deep breath in and then break a smile on her face. She turned around me and kissed my cheeks and got up from the bed.

"Bye!" I yelled at her as she exited the room. I sighed and leaned back feeling back bored and lonely.

I was rummaging through my phone when I heard the door opening. At first I expected that person to be Alexander, but it wasn't him.