C H A P T E R 1 5

Arabella's POV:

He was wearing a three pieces suit with a silver tie with it and a white crisp button up shirt underneath. Need to be honest he does look handsome in that business attire. He was standing by his desk, no more like leaning on it by his hips, with his strong large forearm, holding a file in front of his broad chest. He was reading a file which I assume might be my resume. He whole attention was in the file in front of his eyes but not on the human standing in front of him. He doesn't seems to notice ne as he kept flipping through the file.

When I noticed myself that I was checking him out for way too much long time, I cleared my throat and asked, " May I come in?"

Alexander looked up at me from his file, his piercing blue eyes focusing on me as he closed the file without breaking our eye contact. While here I was standing at the entrance of the door like a robot with a very straight face. Slowly a lopside smirk etched on his pink lips.

"Please." He said placing the file back on top of his desk. He moved back and walked toward his chair.

" Can I?" I asked indicating the two chairs situated in front of his desk.

" Yes sure." He said with a gesture with his hand. He placed his elbow on the top of his enormous chair and stood behind it in a dominating posture.

" Arabella. It's nice to meet you again after the wedding." I looked at his lips as my name rolled out of his tongue. I hate it whenever he says my full name. He makes it sound so sensual that- God! I should focus on business!

" Alexander. Yes it is. But I think we probably are in a business interview right now." He chuckled at my response.

"All in business mode aren't we?" Alexander said leaning more towards the chair making his gelled back black hair catch the light of the sun. They look so silky and soft and I really want to run my fingers through them.
So you agree right now? My subconscious said.

What?! What the hell am I thinking?!

Oh c'mon honey! I know, you know, we both know how much you like him.

Will you please shut up and let me do my job!

Okay as you wish. My subconscious rolled her eyes while blowing on her nails.

"Yes." I breathed out. His eyes seems to be darkened a bit but returned to the cold blue orbs which I saw when we first met in the club.

"Okay then Ms. Heatherway. I don't know who you are and you don't know who I am." He said rounding his chair and sat on the big black leather chair similar to a throne.

"Just a normal intern getting interviewed by the CEO." I finished for him. Eyeing him as he popped open the button of his suit, revealing the black shinny vest underneath it. I could see the clear view of the beautiful city of Berkeley behind his head through the floor-to-ceiling wall like glass.

"Yes." He said folding his hands in front of him.

"Sure then, sir." I answered with a smile. He again opened the folder and looked at it.

" So. Ms. Heatherway, you completed your final year one month ago. Is this your first interview for your internship or you went to others before this?" He asked looking back at me from that file.

" Yes sir, this is my first interview." I said without waiting a beat.

" You have brilliant academical results." He praised me.

"But alas you don't have any work experience." He continued. I didn't uttered a single noise, just stayed silent as he kept saying.

" So tell me Ms. Heatherway why should we hire you, apart from your wonderful academic results?" He asked finally looking at me.