C H A P T E R 3 8

•One week later•

Arabella's POV

One week. One damn whole week. Seven days I spend crying over split milk. If you are wondering what happened after that morning; I cried. For the whole day as if I had a break up. But it was actually a heartbreak for my poor heart.

Had I fallen for that arrogant asshole?

I don't know.

Then why my heart is breaking whenever his hurt eyes will invade my memory? Why I fell like my heart is bleeding. I can't breathe. There is a huge pressure on my chest, that intensify everytime I think about Alexander.

Even if I did then there will be no us. That is destroyed and I made sure of that. I want to curl up and cry whenever I thought of that incident, which I've been doing every night, but I can't do that. I just can't. Just like I can't go to him and say sorry the least. I want to beg for forgiveness. But what's the point in that when nothing will be the same.

I've been using the concealer a lot lately, trying to hide the puffiness of my eyes which happens from crying myself to sleep. I do go to office but I didn't saw him once. He always stays in his office while I stay with Theo. That's it. This is like every day. I wake up, go to office, ignore him all day, comeback to home, do a small pitty party then cry myself to sleep.

How interesting my life had turned.

My friends did asked me before what happened, but what should I've said, that I hurt our boss and I'm depressed over that? No way. That's why I just said I'm upset and stressed. They didn't believed my lie but thank goodness they didn't pestered me to tell the truth furthermore.

I wiped the lone tear which escape from the corner of my eye and got out of the bed from laying on it. I headed to the bathroom to finish my morning rituals and shower.

After the shower when I was blow drying my hair, I saw the shell of a person I've become. She looked pale and skinny with dark circles and red puffy eyes. Her hazel eyes were dull. Does all break up hurt like this? This much pain? Everything hurts yet I'm so numb. I gave out a long sigh and start doing my makeup.

"Good morning

"Good morning." I chirped in, smiling at Lilly as she buzzed me in. Which was obviously a facade.

I was wearing a dark forest green shirt with beige pantsuit.

" Morning Ella. I like the shirt" She smiled up at me, pointing toward my shirt. I laughed and replied a small thank you. Entering the glass door I met with a person who I wasn't expecting to see at all.

Matthew Heatherway.

What my brother is doing here?

But he wasn't alone. He was talking to a elder man with greying black hair. Much more older version of Alexander Knight, his father David Knight. He was still the owner and president of Knight Inc, while his son is the CEO.