C H A P T E R 5 0

Alexander's POV

"What are you thinking?" Dominic asked me as he hit the glossy white ball with his billiard stick. I looked back at him from looking out of the large glass wall, in the black New York sky. We are in his penthouse in the upper west side, which is very near to mine, playing billiard in his family playroom. Got to do something to spend the time with each other right?

"None of your business." I grunted hitting the white ball with my stick. I was in a bad mood, not because I was losing the game which apparently I was, but because of Arabella. She is out in a club; god knows doing what with her friends and sisters. There will be guys definitely, checking my girlfriend out because she is undeniably beautiful, trying to flirt with her with the hope to get her in bed with them. My blood boiled in anger at that thought. I want to kill them, how dare they think that about my girlfriend?

"Whoa whoa there's no need to go ape-shit crazy on me." Dominic chuckled rising up his hand in a surrendering pose as he leaned on the billiard table. I narrowed my eyes at him as he went full blown laughing right now. I scoffed at him dropping the stick and sauntering out of the playroom, as he kept on laughing holding his stomach. I went down the hallway to where his kitchen is and filled a glass with water.

"Hey what's up with that angry mood?" he asked as he entered the kitchen now being sobered up. I looked at his direction as I placed the glass back in the counter top and found him going over the small whine cellar in his kitchen and retrieve a bottle of bourbon.

"Arabella is out, clubbing." I said, as he poured down a drink for both him and me. He scoffed hearing me out. For a second he looked at me from down the drinks and then back at them.

"You're angry over that?" he asked after passing me my drink. I looked at him incredulously; my friend was possessive of his loved ones much more than me.

"Don't you become angry or upset thinking that someone might be flirting with Marissa in the club? Or trying to dance with her?" I said smirking as he went pale for a second before the blood came rushing back in his face making him red, with anger. Hit the bull's eye. He groaned out holding his face by both of his hands as I sipped on my whiskey.

"Now why are you getting angry over that?" this time I mocked him using his own words. Dominic narrowed his eyes toward me and opened his mouth to clearly say something, when his phone started ringing in his pocket. He fished out his phone out of his sweatpants pocket and looked at the caller ID. His face crunched up in confusion.

"Pick up." I said still sipping on my whiskey. He looked up at me with a bored mocked up face making me chuckle and shake my head in his antics. He picked up his phone and placed it I against his ear.

"Hel-." He got cut off by the person on the other end of the call. His eyebrow shot up. "Yes that's me. What do you need sir?" he asked the person in the other end of the call. Now I was looking at his facial expression and listened to the words coming out of his mouth carefully.

"What?" he asked as his eyes widened. Expression of dread washed over his face making me frown at him. "Okay, where is she now?"

"Thanks officer, we will be there shortly." He said disconnecting the call.

"What happened?" I asked putting the whiskey back on the table; I've already lost the appetite to drink it.

"The police called." He muttered out gulping down his eyes roaming everywhere but my face. Okay the police called but for what? And why is he behaving like this, awkward?

"Why did they call you?" I asked this time sternly making him look back at me with wide eyes.

"Alexander... Alex Arabella had an road accident." He said after assessing my face for a moment.

"What?" I roared at him. What the hell does he think he was doing? Joking with me?

"Alex her car crashed against a tree! And she was alone." He muttered the last part all by himself.

"What?! How?! Where is she now Dominic?!" I asked him feeling extremely helpless. My brain went numb and I chocked on my breath as if someone is strangling my throat blocking up my oxygen supply. My knees weekend and I gripped the counter white knuckled.

"They took her to a hospital. Alex we need to go to her." Dominic said looking through his phone.

"Fuck!" he cursed out looking at her missed calls. I shoved my hand through my hair and tightened the grip. How the hell can only she alone had an accident when she was supposed to spend her time with her friends? What the fuck was she doing in that car even?! What if something bad had happened to her? What if she died...?

No I can't think like that. I can't think and fucking negative thoughts. She will be alright and just fine.

"Let's go." My whole demeanor changed into auto pilot mode as I went out of his kitchen.

***

Dominic didn't let me drive the car as he doesn't trust me mood now apparently. I didn't even trust myself at this situation as my brain wasn't working properly. After driving for long ten minutes which felt like hours, we reached the given hospital where Arabella was admitted. I got out of the car immediately as it stopped in the driveway. I went toward the gate in long fast strides and went inside as the door opened automatically. I looked at my surroundings before spotting the reception desk and went toward it. A man with greying hair in his thirties was seated behind the desk.

"Excuse me." I said.

"Yes sir?" the man asked. Dominic joined me in the desk immediately. I opened my mouth to speak but my friend butted me in.

"Where is the car crash patient named Arabella Heatherway which happened not so long ago?" Dominic asked him.

"Sorry sir but two were in that accident." The receptionist said. "How does she look?" the receptionist asked rummaging through his computer.

"She has blonde hair and approximate of this-" I held my hand on my throat, "height." The receptionist kept on rummaging through his computer for quite some time before his hand stopped and a sorrowful expression crossed his face.

"Sir she died in that car crash." The receptionist said making my knees go week.

Arabella...

---------------------------------

I got confused working in photo shop... -_-

Anyway enjoy!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Love,

Riona!