C H A P T E R 3 5

Arabella's POV

I decided to wear a jumpsuit to the event but instead of wearing that I ended up wearing a black sequined dress with a gold star like belt and paired with thigh high boots. That happened because of Alison. She requested me to wear that and here I am standing in front of my vanity mirror. Have to say she has picked out a beautiful attire.

My hair was left opened in waves which is of course done by my friend over here, and my makeup was gentle, smoky eye with nude lips

My hair was left opened in waves which is of course done by my friend over here, and my makeup was gentle, smoky eye with nude lips. Nothing loud.

Alison came out of my bathroom wearing a dark coral jumpsuit with wide sleeves and tied with a belt in the mid. Her red hair was straightened and tucked behind her ears. She was wearing red lips complementing her hair colour.

 She was wearing red lips complementing her hair colour

"Ready?" I asked.

"Hmm... Born ready!" she said grabbing her purse. I did same with mine and got out of my house.

***

Once in the venue, which was in one of the many nightclubs under the name Roosevelt, I found my friends gossiping freely.

"Hey guys!" I said joining them. Alison went in and hugged Lilly at first them gradually everyone hugged each other in form of greeting.

"How are you?" Maeve asked engulfing me a hug. I hugged back her.

"I'm fine. What about you?" I asked letting her go. Instead I grab her hands and I could feel a significantly large stone digging in my palm. She opened her mouth to reply but I looked at the stone, no correction an engagement ring sitting on her left hand.

"You are engaged?!" I gasped before tightly hugging her. But where is my jerk of a friend who didn't even bother to let us know.

"Maximus Anderson you jerk! You didn't even bother to tell us you popped the question?!" I yelled at Max letting his fiancee go. Theo looked at Max in utter shock with his mouth hang open. Seems like even his best friend doesn't know about this. While Max looked at me with a horrified face, ready to run away for his life when Maeve stopped me.

" No it's not an engagement ring, for now. It's just a promise ring." she said laughing. That sort of disappointed me although made me laugh.

"Good otherwise I would have killed your boyfriend." I said glaring at Max. He came up to me drapping his arm over my shoulder and gave a side hug.