C H A P T E R 3 1

Arabella's POV:

"God this are so heavy!" I exclaimed dropping a big rectangular shaped box on Theo's table. I huffed out loud while planting my hands on my hips. He looked up at me from the large piece of paper with a grin. Theo asked me to fetch him a box from the receptionist desk right downstairs. I did went listening to him to find a large heavy box, where you can actually hide my body, waiting for me. Ellie even needed help to hand me that box, of her fellow receptionist. Then I alone dragged the whole thing up to Theo's office.

"Thank you." he said as I sat abruptly on the chair, not very lady like. He opened the box to reveal many large and heavy geometric shapes. And all of them were made of glass.

"What are we going to do?" I asked straighting up as the glass of the large triangle caught the light and reflected it in several direction.

"Do the designs and measurements." he said carefully removing every large piece out of the box.

"On it." I said grabbing the stationary box.

***

"According to your imagination, we got many designs actually but three of them are heavy competitors." Theo said handing Xavier and Alexander the three rough sketches which we made after debating quite a while on the designs. Yes Xavier did told us and gave the description of what he imagined the structure to be and we sketched all the designs according to that but still the opinion of the owner remains.

Xavier took the sketch of a very sleek modern architecture drawing of the building, the main plan to build it by only steel and glass with a facade of earth at below with bricks and plants. The shape was of a tall stretched and twisted cube of glass and steel. It was beautiful but sort of give you a edgy feeling, if a wrong step taken you can cut yourself by it's sharpness.

His eyes shifted toward the sketch on the table. It was of an intricate glass details on a steel cut-out slanted upside down cone. It will be really hard to build this because of the glass work alone not to mention the steel frame.

"Why don't you try this." Alexander said handing Xavier my favourite one. It was a steel frame of the shape of a twisted and stretched pyramid with a cut out parallelogram on the top and wide slanted rectangular base. Glasses would be wrapped around the building like a sheer sheet. Xavier eyes gleamed looking at the sketch.

"This is it then." Xavier said getting up. He straightened his pinstriped grey waistcoat over his white shirt and dark blue tie. He then shrugged on his navy coat, which was hanging on the chair. Alexander stood with him buttoning up his black blazer.

I still had problems looking at him straight after that night. And yes I do remember every detail of that night.

I could feel my face heat up and looked away from him, instead on Theo. His face held a questioning look but he stayed silent.

"Okay then. You guys can go on the work." Alexander dismissed us looking at me.

He looks so good. My subconscious said with a dreamy sigh.

Shut up you stupid!

My subconscious sticked her tongue out at me.

I nodded before organising the paper of his desk and scurried off from his office. I headed toward my cubicle and carried on my work.

***

During lunch time I decided to go out as I really don't have any partner to have lunch with, every of my friends are busy. I went inside the elevator after I bid Lilly goodbye.

My day's outfit was consists of a baby pink floral skirt with turtleneck white chiffon shirt. My hair was tied back in a low bun.

I got of the elevator as soon it stopped and opened on the last floor

I got of the elevator as soon it stopped and opened on the last floor. I bid Ellie goodbye before exiting the building. Humide August air hit my face as I completely emerged out from the cool interior of my office.

I went toward the direction of the usual restaurant I have lunch in when I was stopped by an arm.

"Mr. Roosevelt. What are you doing here?" I greeted Xavier.

"Well I was planning on having lunch. Would you like to accompany me if you don't mind?" he asked startling me.

"Um... Yeah sure... Why not." I agreed warily at his sudden approach.

"Let's go, then." he said putting his hand on the small of my back, guiding me toward his Porsche. He opened the door for me and I slide in. He rounded the car and slid inside beside me. Then he told the driver the address of his destination restaurant.

Soon we were sitted opposite of each other in an Italian restaurant in the upper west side, eating our meal.

" Did you do those sketches?" he asked after a minute of silence.

"Yes I did, with of course Mr. Maxwell's help." I nodded toward him.

"You are very much talented and skillful. Anyone would kill to get a talented employe like you." he said cutting off his steak. I lean back and took a sip from my wine glass, studying his features. I put back the glass on the table and leaned forward on the table with my hands folded together.

"Are you trying to hire me off Mr. Roosevelt?" I asked my head tilted toward the right a little and a small smile playing on my lips.

"You are smart Miss Heatherway." He gave out a snort and looked at me. I straighten up with a frown.

"Isn't it illegal?" I asked him with a smile on my lips. But despite my smile my frown didn't go away.

"What?" He asked folding his large muscular arm on the table.

"You trying to persuade me to join your company, while I am in still in my shift?" I asked taking in a bite of my pasta.

"You're not actually on your shift neither in your office property,"  He said gesturing toward our environment. "This is not illegal." he said gesturing the two of us.

"Smooth Xavier." I said softly laughing at him while shaking my head.

"But sorry. I really can't agree with you while working for another one." I continued on sobering up from my laugh.

"Loyalty is hard to find nowadays, along with honesty." He said looking at me. "But Arabella think about my offer."

"I really wanted to work for your company from my first year in college. But I really can't jump from my job to yours." I said pursing my lips together.

" I understand you." Xavier said nodding. Rest of the lunch was over in small talk about my family. It made me wonder that everyone knows about my family but I don't know anything about theirs. I feel like an idiot.

"My offer still stands Arabella." he said from right beside me as the car stopped in front of my office building. I turned my head toward him to find him looking at me by his ocean blue eyes.

"Take your time to think. Here is my card and phone number." he said giving me a card of his which he brought out from the inner pocket of his suite. I took the card from his hand.

"Thanks again for the lunch and this," I said waving the card in the air. "Though I don't know whether I will need this or not." he just frowned at me before nodding.

"Bye see you later." I bidded him goodbye getting out of the car. I closed the door after me and watch the back of the car speed through down the main road leaving me feeling confused with the card in my hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Being a student of science, specifically of physics and maths is really hard... Sometimes makes me doubt why I choosed it on first place?

Because I love them and always will!

What's your favourite subject(s)?

Anyway don't forget to vote comment me your thoughts and share this with your friends!!

Love,
Erica!