C H A P T E R 4 2

Arabella's POV

"What?!" came out as a shrik from my mouth. I was currently in my bathroom, doing my makeup for the party. It was simple, with neutral colour scheme for eyeshadow, eyeliner some mascara and red lipstick. My golden brown hait was in sophisticated curls falling to my back.

"Yes, we decided to name her Annelise." came in the crying voice of my eldest sister. After I came home from work and took my bath, my sister called me to inform that she and Sebastian decided to adopt in a baby girl. I'm so happy that my sister is finally happy. And I can't seem to control myself, so that I don't cry and destroy my makeup.

"I'm so happy!" My voice was wavering in emotions.

"I'm too honey. I better not disturb you anymore. Go and get ready." she said giving a soft chuckle.

"I want to meet her as soon as possible. Bye. Tell Anne, her aunt loves her dearly." I said before disconnecting the call. I gave off a laugh as I saw tears building in the waterline of my eyes, and grabbed a tissue paper and dabbed it away. Then I went in my closet to wear my dress for today's night.

It was golden dress with blue mixing in the gown creating a ombre effect. Thousands of tiny sequins amd rhinestones covered the vine designs on the gown giving it a beautiful glittering effect. It has an illusional boat shaped neckline with a deep v-cut in the mid of my chest.

I went outside my home, locking up the door after me and headed downstairs when Xavier called me

"Ready?" He asked straightening up from leaning on his black Jaguar. He was wearing a tux with a bow tie and his hair styled back. I nodded at him smiling.

After thirty minutes ride out of the city toward the country side of New York, we finally arrived to Xavier's parent's house. Wait correction it was more like a half palace and half mansion. The large gates around twelve feet opened to reveal a beautiful gravel driveway toward a awestrucking white mansion glimmering under the moonlight.

His car rounded the fountain and stopped in front of the main entrance

His car rounded the fountain and stopped in front of the main entrance. I couldn't help but feel the giddiness inside me that children feels when they get their favourite ice-cream. What would I even do? I fell in love with the stone structures.