C H A P T E R 3 4

Arabella's POV

I was sleeping peacefully after a long time when someone decided to destroy that by practically breaking my front door.

"Arabella Heatherway you better be awake!" I heard a faint voice coming to my bed room. Then imagine how much loud this person's voice is. She is screaming from in front of my home. I stumbled out of my room still being half sleep; I mean why not today is weekend! I went toward the front door stumbling upon stuffs.

And if you are wondering what happened after my mom called thst day; which was three days ago, then I've a flashback and a short summary of that event. And if I don't hurry than this girl will surely break my front door.

Flashback •

"Mom?!" I yelled running inside the hall of the hospital. Then I saw my brother and sister sitting on the steel chair crying. My heart broke. It broke into million tiny pieces piercing in my chest. I couldn't breathe. The center of my chest seemed to became empty and pain. Oh so pain. It felt like my body was being cut in half. I stumbled toward the place where my sister was sitting and fell on my knees.

"What happened?" came out as whisper, "What happened?! Why are you crying?!" I screamed out, with tears streaming down my cheeks. But my sister was unable to speak so do my brother. She kept on crying burring her face in her hands.

That time my dad came out of a room crying. Matthew didn't uttered a word but helped me up. Seeing my brother cry broked me. He never cries! I never saw him crying but now... Oh God I don't want to even imagine.

"Daddy why are they crying?" I asked going up to him, " tell them to stop crying! Where is my sister daddy?" I asked clutching the lapel of his jacket.

"My baby. We nearly lost her." He said clutching me in a hug. I was confused nearly lost her? What does that mean? Is she?

I looked inside the small glass window etched on the wooden door of a patient's room, and saw my mother crying while clutching my sister's hand while my sister had clear pipes running down her nostrils inside her, patting my mother hand gently.

"Oh God!" I cried and hugged back my father. She is okay! She is alive and made it!

"God don't break my door Alison!" I yelled at her. So what happened after that was my sister, Susannah decided to take a small vacation away from this chaotic life. Even I wouldn't blame her, our life has turned into robot like, do the same stuffs everyday and on top of that she is just married! Who doesn't want to spend some quality time with their newly wedded husband? And after the incident she truely deserves a break to clear her head.

"Open the door Arabella!" Alison yelled from the other side of the door. We have become very much close in the past three days. She was with me in hospitals and office, she even started to spend time with me in my home and me in hers. I'm glad to have a friend like Alison.

I opened the front door to find Alison standing there with a large packet taller than me hanging out of her hand over her head. She immediately scurried inside to the living room with that thing over her head and dropped it on the couch. I closed the door behind me.

"God that was heavy! " she said huffing with her hands on her hips. She was wearing a black and white striped shirt underneath a green jacket, washed over ripped jeans and black boots. Her red hair was pulled back in a messy bun. Her face was void of any make up making her look pale than her usual shade.

"Are you okay? You look pale." I asked entering the living room.

"No I'm fine." Her cheeks were flushed red " It's my skin tone." Up close she looks really younger than her real age but when she is in professional mode, it's hard for me to believe she is of my age.

"What's that?" I asked eyeing the bag. It looks like a dress.

"Oh this? No idea your mother asked to give you. And I forgot yesterday." she said smiling sheepishly. She is absolutely not to blame because the past three days had been really hectic because of the immense amount of workload for the deal with the Roosevelt's. And today there will be a party to celebrate the success in the deal.

"No it's fine babe. Coffee works?" I asked moving in the kitchen.

"Yeah perfectly." Alison followed me inside the kitchen. She pulled out a chair in the breakfast bar and sat on that. While I went to the stove and put a water filled kettle on it to boil.

"So what are you going to wear today?" I asked preparing the coffee beans.

"Jumpsuit. Gown really doesn't work for me." she said chuckling. I laughed with her.

"Jacob is coming?" I asked her about her supposed to be boyfriend.

"No he isn't." She stayed silent for a moment. When I looked back at her I found her fidgeting with her fingers. "He is busy with work." she looked away from me.

"Babe what happened?" I asked going up to her.

"Nothing." She then sighed when I glared at her. "Okay. He again went outside of States. Three times in one month." her bright sliver eyes were dark grey with sadness and she averted them to her hands so that I couldn't get to see them.

"Are you guys having any problems?" I couldn't help but ask. I know it's her personal matter but I just couldn't see my best friend upset!

"No. I don't know. He doesn't even want to talk properly with me. He is always coming late to home and says he is tired to even talk." she frowned leaning back on the chair. "He was never like this before when we started dating three years ago." she whispered out the last part.

"Sugar, milk? " I asked preparing my coffee.

"Just milk. Thank you." she requested.
"What was he like then?" I asked trying to divert her mood. But failed miserably. I placed her coffee in front of her which she excepted with a small thank you.

"He was sweet and kind toward me. He was my best friend back then. So you know we spent a lot of time together, messing with each other." she smiled ruefully. " I don't know what happened to him now." she gave a long sigh. I felt bad for her. Not sorry or pity. But genuinely bad because my friend is sad.

"Can you please help me with my hair?" I asked with a grin. "I'm extremely bad at it."

Alison eyed me for a second drumming her finger on the marble top, before saying, " Sure why not. But the party is in evening. What will you or me do for the rest of the day?"

"Oh I've a plan for that." I said with a wink. She narrowed her eyes and me but laughed softly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Do they really look like a family??

Lily and Zoey sort of does... 😂

And did you really thought I'll let Susannah die?!!

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment me your thoughts!!

Love,

Erica!