Chapter 29.

UWA

As the week went by, I had gone on more dates with Kayode and I allowed him to kiss me more now and nothing else attached. In as much as I like him, I also feel the need to still take precautions and draw the line where and when neccessary.

It is another weekend again and here I am, all alone in my house. Nimi; she was supposed to come over this weekend but she had to travel yesterday evening to pay her family a visit in Ogun state. She says it is a family emergency. Well, I just hope all is well.

With the toilet brush in my hand, I scrub the hypo+detergent+harpic mix I did in the toilet bowl, always putting on a nose mask while at it to prevent myself from choking scent from the mix of the three of them. What? I need my toilet to be clean and disinfected.

After cleaning the toilet bowl and the other parts of the seat, I proceed to the water sink before finally rinsing off everything. Right now, I am so exhausted because I did practically all the cleaning there is to do in this house. On the bright side, the house is sparkling clean now and I am super proud of my work.

I peel the clothes I had on, off my skin and step under the shower to have my bath. After getting my hands dirty and my body dripping from sweating it out due to house chores, I like me some steam on my skin. Not one to burn or cause blisters but one to soothe the worn-out muscles and nerves. Plus, another perfect thing about it is the water flowing from head to toe without a care in the world.

Once I am done bathing and dressing, my stomach instinctively signals its need for some food. I head for the kitchen with only one food combination in my mind; Yam and Egg sauce.

I usually like my boiled yam in small cuts as the salt goes deeper into it and it is even softer and tastier than big cut yams. It seems funny but that is my own observation.

While the yam is boiling on one gas head, I proceed to preparing the egg sauce on the other and once I am done, I dish out the food and head to the sitting room to eat and watch TV.

Report reaching us today is that Mr. Gregory Williams, aged 28 has just been announced dead. He lost his life after battlijg with Cancer for years. He was the son of Chief Sylvian Williams and is survived by his Parents and three sublings with no wife and children.

This is the news on TV today. My whole body stilled and the food immediately became sour in my mouth as it had lost its taste. No urge whatsoever to eat more food as the death of Greg shook me badly. It still felt surreal. How could he be dead?

Well, that is what anyone in my position would feel. However, I chose not to feel that way. While it is sad that he died, I am glad he made the effort to settle his differences with me.

For all I care, he is in a better place now. It is sad, yes but is it sad enough to make me stop eating? That is an absolute no. It is so sad that he went from being a good person to rocket bottom instantaneously but like they say, do not talk bad about the dead. So, may his soul rest in peace.

Finally finishing up the last bits of my food, I tune in the station to Trace TV and Bolanle by Zlatan comes up. The plate in my hand is discarded on the stool and my legs spring up, doing some Zanku moves.

A knock on the door takes me off the momwnt and I hastily run to answer it.

"Who is there?" I ask. No one replies me and the knock becomes heavier. I have no option but to open the door to see the person.

"So, you are the one?" A lady says, pushing me and making way into my house.

"Who are you?" I ask her and watch as she eyes me from head to toe, distate clearly etched on her face. I take my time to observe her. Big boobs, big ass.

In summary, she is very shapy, all these coke bottle girls. She has on the brightest shade of red lipstick I have ever seen on a lady but she still manages to nail the look. Who wears skimpy clothes and still looks good? This woman. Everything about her oozes class.

Who could this woman be and what does she want from me? What have I possibly done to annoy her because I don't even know her. How do you offend someone you don't know?

"You don't know me?" She asks me, swinging her human hair left and right and clapping get hands like I am delusional.

"No, who are you?" I ask, glaring her down.

"You idiot." She screams, slapping me. I did not expect that. Is this one mad?

"Excuse me? You must be stupid." I drag her hair and give her a hot slap on her face.

"You are the one distracting him from me, abi (right)?" She says. Hope this is not one of Deji's girls that he hooks up with? This thing is not even funny again.

"Who? Better talk. If not, I will call the police on you." I say and she lets out a hearty laugh.

"This one is very foolish gaan." She mumbles.

"Do I look like someone that is scared of the police? Call them and see what will happen afterwards. It will be your silly ass sleeping in cell." This lady is beginning to irritate me.

"Bitch, who else? The man you have been frolicking around Lagos with. Kayode, of course. You are the one that has been distracting him from our wedding plans." She states, hissing and glaring at me.

"You must be a joker. Get out of my house." In anger, I walk to the door and open it wide for her to take her leave.

"Bitch, I'll leave but if I ever see you with him again, you will not like the outcome on that stupid skin of yours." She says, walking to the door.

"And if you doubt our wedding, come off your high pedestal and look at this." She brings an envelope out of her Louis Vuitton bag and throws it at my face before swaying her hair and sashaying out of my apartment.

Still trying to process the drama that just went down, I pick up the envelope to view its contents. First is a picture of Kayode and ....the lady? It looks like a pre-wedding shot. Then there is a card attached to it.

The bastard is getting married next weekend. Next weekend! Asshole! Kayode? I never dreamt of this. Ah! I blame myself. The card slips off my hand and my ass inmediately hits the ground. How naive was I to have fallen for this his game? And to think I bounced Deji for the bastard.

Wait, before I keep insulting him and shaming myself, I could ask him on Monday. Anybody can print a wedding card and photoshop pictures of them getting married. I laugh as the realization hits me. Some ladies are just desperate jare. Imagine, I would have given her the beating of her life. Stupid girl. I know Kayode and he will not do this to me. This is just another lady looking for attention and I will not indulge her. She won't get the satisfaction of us breaking up because I am sure that is what she wants.

Desperado!