26

26

My phone was at the Chateau which was where I was headed, I had no choice, so I decided I would text Sarah to thank her when I got there, so she didn't worry in the morning. It was around 3am, the roads were dark and empty and the journey was long and tiresome but I eventually arrived and breathed a sigh of relief when I got inside.

The house was quiet so I presumed the boys were asleep. The pullout bed was empty so Pope wasn't here but the door to mine and JJ's room was shut so I knew he was inside. I was planning to sleep on the sofa, but it was a cold night and there weren't any blankets, so I creeped into our room, hoping to get a blanket and leave without waking JJ up.

He was a light sleeper though; it was programmed into him from the countless number of times he'd been woken up by his drunken father, learning to wake up at any slight noise so he could be more prepared for his father's wrath. There was no wrath tonight though, only the shuffling of my feet as I padded around the room looking for a blanket.

"What are you doing?" his voice was gruff with sleep and it made me jump as the moonlight reflected off his bright blue eyes.

"Uh, getting a blanket," I mumbled, frozen to the spot as his eyes bore into mine.

"I thought you were at Sarah's?" he said, Kie must have told him.

"Uh, yeah, I was."

He sat up slightly, his head resting on his hand and I resisted the urge to check out his toned chest that was exposed as the covers fell down.

"Did something happen?"

"I'm sorry for waking you, I just need a blanket and I'll be gone," I hurried, avoiding his question as I continued my search for a blanket. At last I found one in a drawer and I was almost gone when his voice stopped me.

"Stay."

"With you?" I asked stupidly.

JJ pushed back the covers, inviting me into bed beside him. I hesitated for a moment before awkwardly sitting as far away as possible from him, but his arm pulled me into his body and I tensed in his embrace.

"What happened at Sarah's?"

I timidly told him what had happened, worried that he'd get angry, but he pulled me close to him and kissed my forehead.

"I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch. I'm sorry, Y/N for everything. I shouldn't have judged you, we weren't together and it wasn't my place. I just get so protective of you, especially around that asshole. I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, JJ, I should have told you, I just wanted to forget it." I was crying again and I hated myself for how emotional I always got about everything, but JJ kissed me all over my face and held me so tightly that I felt loved.

I eventually must have fallen asleep because I woke up in my boy's arms, his head on top of mine and a slight smile on his face while he slept.

I snuggled back down into him and woke up again later to him looking at me lovingly.

"Watching me sleep, Maybank?" I teased.

"Shut up," he muttered, blushing and hiding his smile at being caught.

"Are- are we good?" I asked suddenly, nervous that he didn't mean what he said last night and that he'd be angry again.

"Of course baby, the past is the past," he told me, kissing my forehead gently.