20

20

We managed to sneak back out of my house without any of my family finding out which I was so grateful for. JJ decided to 'be a man' as he put it, and we made our way to John B's house so he could apologise. Kiara and Pope were nowhere in sight which would make things easier, and I could make out John B's shaggy head of hair through the porch.

"Hey man," JJ called, making John B turn around, his face blank.

"Look, bro, I'm sorry for how I reacted. Sarah, I have nothing against you, and if you make my man JB happy, welcome to the pogues."

They embraced in a bro hug while I offered Sarah a small smile and after a few beers we were all chatting and sharing stories on John B's porch.

Sarah and John B were good for each other, there was no denying it. Kiara and Sarah had a rocky start but now they were as thick as thieves and it was nice having another girl friend in the group. Sarah and I had been friends a while ago, but drifted apart, so I enjoyed hanging out with her again. It was slightly problematic that Sarah was Rafe's sister, but she understood how much we all hated him and she wasn't even that close with him anyway.

Things at home were getting worse for JJ and I both, so we practically lived with John B. Whenever I did return home I got grounded and couldn't leave for a few days. If I was gone for more than 4 days at a time, my father would call the cops on me, and JJ and John B had had enough run-ins with Shoupe to not want the extra attention.

I was currently 'grounded' at my house, I had my phone and guitar this time, and Pope had lent me some books to keep me amused as well. I'd been alone in here for four days and I was missing my friends, I wasn't allowed to call them but I managed to text, and JJ and I had been messaging throughout the day.

He hadn't responded in a while, though, and I was getting lonely. Suddenly my phone dinged and I read the text.

Pack a bag princess I'm busting you out of there for good xx

I sent him a question mark in response, he knew how angry my dad was the last time him and John B had busted me out so he'd promised not to do it again. I was allowed to leave tomorrow anyway. And why did he say for good?

I still packed a bag with the rest of my stuff I needed, most of it was already at John B's house, but I took some photographs I had of my mother and some extra clothes. My ribs and wrists were bruised from when my dad had got angry at me so I made sure I had one of JJ's hoodies on to cover it all.
The one around my eye I had managed to cover with makeup and with my hair down the cut on my forehead from when my dad had slammed my face into the cupboard handle was barely visible. I waited nervously for around twenty minutes, wondering if JJ was just drunk and he didn't mean it.

Part of me wanted him to come and bust me out, but the other half was still terrified of my father and didn't want my boyfriend getting hurt. I heard the knock on the door downstairs and my heart skipped with hope.