7

7
I decided to go home that night, knowing that if I left it any longer I'd probably get banned from seeing my friends.

I lived with my Dad, his new wife Bethany, and their two bratty children who were my half-siblings. My mum died of cancer when I was 12, but I know he'd been seeing Bethany for years before that. She was nice to me at first, but then her two kids came along and I was forgotten about.

I walked up to the door, in the kook's shirt that was actually pretty comfy, and shorts, a bag of all my wet and dirty clothes ready to wash before I left again. I didn't like staying here for long.

"Look what the cat dragged in."

"Hey, Dad."

"Where have you been, girl?" he growled, he hated having me here anyway, he just didn't like me having fun.

"With my friends."

"Don't lie to me girl. That shirt is designer. You've been with a kook."

I looked down at the shirt I was wearing and saw the logo that indicated it was expensive.

"I-It's one of John B's-"

"Don't lie to me, girl," he roared, before he slapped me once across my face.

"I'm sorry! It's a kook's."

"Whore."

He left the hallway to go upstairs, and I quickly put all my dirty washing in the washing machine, grabbing an apple and some water before going up to my own room. It was a mess, because I usually left in a hurry, so I spent the time tidying up before finally settling down to sleep, stripping off the shirt and putting it in the back of my drawer.

I slept in until midday, I didn't realise how much sleep I was missing out on until I got a chance to sleep with no interruptions. I could hear Bobby and Lacey, my half-siblings screaming and banging as they played downstairs, along with the nasally voice of Bethany, my step-mum.

Groaning, I rubbed my eyes and decided to shower, getting changed into my own t-shirt and shorts. I wanted to leave as soon as I could to see my friends, but my dad had other ideas.

"You're staying here today, the house needs cleaning before Beth's mum comes for dinner."

I sighed internally, but put on a fake smile for my Dad and grabbed the broom. It took hours to clean the whole house, but I didn't mind, it was quite nice having some time to just think. Once it was all done, I asked if I could see my friends, but Dad told me that I needed to stay here because we were meant to be having a 'family meal'. Since when was I considered part of their family? I was the outcast.

Beth's mum arrived, but I was locked in my room, and I heard my dad telling her that I was out. What a bastard. I wasn't allowed to see my friends, and I wasn't allowed to be part of their 'family' so I was stuck upstairs alone.