1

A/N

I've had a lot of comments that Y/N is a 'pick-me girl'/ over-dramatic at times.

It would be unrealistic if I made the character 100% perfect all of the time so please just enjoy the story and don't leave mean comments cause it's very demotivating <3

***

1
A beach party. Fun right? Outer Banks had some of the best beaches in the country, and usually I enjoyed late nights getting drunk with the pogues. But there were kooks at this party and kooks and pogues did not mix well.

"Hey, uh, can I talk to you?" I muttered awkwardly to my best friend JJ, catching the glare the pretty girl next to him was giving me as I interrupted their flirting.

"I'm kinda busy right now, Y/N," JJ said firmly, gesturing to the girl whose boobs were spilling out of her bikini as she leant seductively towards him.

"Please, JJ, it's urgent," I insisted.

He sighed heavily and rose to his feet, asking the girl for her number but she refused and gave me a dirty look as she walked away.

"Dude you fucking cockblocked me to the max there - did you see that chick? This better be fucking urgent," JJ whined.

He'd followed my brisk walk to a quieter part of the beach and there wasn't anyone around us as I nervously looked down at my feet.

"Rafe groped me," I mumbled, praying that he'd heard and I wouldn't have to repeat myself.

JJ's eyes softened as he looked down at me and ran a hand through his hair.
"Shit, are you alright?"

I nodded, but I could feel the tears threatening to spill over and he pulled me in for a tight hug that I wish lasted longer.

"It's not a big deal - I just want to go home, but I can't take the van cause then you guys won't be able to get home. I can't find the others so could you maybe drop me off please?" I asked.

He was quick to oblige and texted the others, letting them know where we were so they didn't get worried. We were halfway back to my house when I asked him to stop.
"Can you take me to John B's instead, please?"

JJ gave me a sideways glance and I could tell he wanted to ask why I didn't want to go home, but turned the car around and drove in silence.

I often stayed with John B when things got bad at home, he had a spare bedroom but I preferred the sofa, as I usually woke up to the other pogues who practically lived there too. John B never locked the Chateau and I knew he wouldn't mind if I crashed on his couch while he wasn't there.

We arrived and I thanked JJ again for leaving the party and driving me.
"Sorry you didn't get to flirt with that pretty girl for longer," I apologised.

"What are you talking about? She's right here!" he teased, nudging my arm which made me smile, he was always teasing me like that.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure Rafe gets what he deserves. And I'll tell John B you're here so you don't scare the crap out of him when he comes home," he chuckled.

"Don't worry about Rafe, it's fine honestly," I assured, but his eyes darkened and he gripped the steering wheel harder. His rings and veins when he tensed made my heart flutter but I shook the thoughts out of my head. I shouldn't be thinking about my best friend like that.