21

21

There was a lot of shouting and I was scared JJ would get hurt but when my door was unlocked I threw myself in my boyfriend's arms. He kissed my lips passionately, brushing my hair backwards to cup my face but I couldn't help the wince as he touched the cut on my forehead.

"Baby? Are you hurt?" he asked softly, and I brushed my hair back down to cover it.

"N-no," I stuttered meekly.

His eyes darkened and he moved my hair gently, tracing my skin with his fingertips next to the cut.

"How did you get this?"

I looked behind him nervously where my father was standing and glaring at me, moving his hand in front of his neck in a slicing motion. I got the message. Keep quiet.

JJ's eyes were black with anger and he turned to face my father.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on her again."

"I'm her father, I can do whatever I want to her," my dad laughed.

"You'll never see her again."

JJ grabbed my hand and we ran, we didn't stop running until I had to take a break for air and he pulled me tightly into his chest.

"Baby, why didn't you tell me about this? He hurt you."

"It's just a few bruises," I said, not wanting him to pity me.

"Bruises? Y/N it was a cut on your forehead?" JJ said and I cursed myself for being so careless.
"Y/N where are the bruises?"

"I-I can't show you here," I murmured quietly, and JJ got the message.

We took a slow walk back the Chateau and JJ's hand never let go of mine, he was even carrying my bag for me.

"You're living with John B from now on," he spoke.

"But what about Shoupe?"

"Baby put yourself first for once. John B and I can handle ourselves and your safety is more important. If your asshole of a dad calls the cops on us, we can show them what he did to you. Anyone can see you're not safe with him."

I nodded solemnly, hating that I was such a burden to my friends. Back at the Chateau, the others pulled me into hugs but JJ told them he needed a few minutes with me alone and locked the door of our bedroom.

"Baby, can you show me where he hurt you?" he asked softly.

Slowly I removed his hoodie and my shorts, standing in my underwear as I reached for the makeup wipes in my bag to remove the concealer from my bruised face. I hung my head in shame, hating that he had to see me like this, so vulnerable.

JJ took a sharp intake of breath and I stiffened, but he cautiously made his way towards me and kissed my cheek.
"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm sorry."

"JJ it's not your fault," I kept telling him, but he was crying, kissing all the bruises he could reach to.

He then surprised me by removing his own clothes, revealing the dark bruises across his torso, as if to show me I wasn't alone. They were less fresh than mine but still just as bad.

I started crying then, and reached to touch them, cupping his face in my hands as I kissed his lips. We moved to the bed and just held each other in our arms, until we fell asleep.