11

11
I broke into a stride when I was far enough down the road, and I tried to process what had just happened. I had kissed JJ, screw that, I had made-out with JJ. And I was close to doing more.

It's just cause you're high, I told myself, but I knew it wasn't just that. I'd liked him for a while now, and he clearly seemed pretty into me when I was on top of him. But I knew what JJ was like with girls, he'd had his fun and now he was gonna drop me. This would ruin our friendship. I couldn't face him again.

I was almost back at my house when I froze. I couldn't go back there, my dad was going to be pissed at me for the whole JJ and John B breaking me out thing. The rain started to come down and I cursed myself for not bringing a rain mac in my bag. I had no choice now, I'd have to go home.

Luckily I had a key with me, I doubted they'd let me in otherwise, and I tried to be quiet and creep to my room without anyone finding me. I could set off early tomorrow and no one would know I was even back.

My plan was ruined though when I came face to face with Bobby, my half-brother.

"Daddy, daddy, Y/N's here!" he yelled, alerting the whole fucking house on my arrival.

"Bobby go back to bed, I need to talk to your sister," my Dad said, and my heart dropped.

"Kitchen. Now." he said, turning to me with anger in his eyes. Shitttt.

I shuffled slowly into the kitchen but he pushed my back hard and I stumbled forward, catching sight of Beth and her daughter Lacey going upstairs. My heart sunk. I knew what was going to happened if I was left alone with my Dad, I prayed for Bobby to come down again, or someone to ring the phone or the doorbell, anything to put off the inevitable.

"Your little stunt earlier made me angry, girl," he began, referring to when JJ and John B has rescued me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, hanging my head low, like a dog who was being punished.

"Yeah but you're not are you?" he sneered, forcing my chin up with his hand to look at him, as he delivered the first blow to my cheek. I winced internally but I showed no emotion on the outside; I'd faced worse.

"You always have your little friends to come and save you, don't you? Well not anymore, you don't leave this house, you don't have your phone, and your windows are locked from the outside. Got it?"

I nodded solemnly and he backhanded me so hard that I heard my teeth clash against each other.

"Go to your room!" He yelled, and I quickly scrambled upstairs.

I heard the lock click behind me and I slumped onto my bed, the tears falling freely as all my emotions came pouring out. I'd really fucked things up. No-one was coming to rescue me this time.