3

3
I felt JJ's warm body settle behind me as his arm draped lazily over my waist and I snuggled further into his warmth. I didn't wake up again thankfully, until John B ripped the blanket off the both of us and we sat up groaning.

"No pogue on pogue macking!" he reprimanded, and I shuffled away from JJ instinctively.

"We weren't macking, we were spooning," I defended and John B just rolled his eyes.

"How's your head?" JJ asked with a smirk, which earned a glare from a hungover John B.

"Fine, how's your face?" he shot back.

"Play nice boys," I warned playfully; I often had to act like a mother to the other pogues, in particular these two.

"Why did you even punch Rafe to start with, dude?" John B asked, and I shot JJ a look, warning him to keep his mouth shut.

"He's an ass."

John B seemed to accept that as an answer and I sent a silent smile of thanks to the blonde boy.

Soon Kiara and Pope crashed through the door and made themselves at home on the couches, Kie leaning her head on my shoulder and Pope putting his legs on top of mine.
"We going out in the boat today?" Pope asked, and I hoped everyone agreed because it had been a while since I had last been in the sea.

An hour later we were sailing comfortably and I was sunbathing in my bikini, leaning my head on J's lap as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Wanna come swimming?" Kie asked, and I sat up to jump in the water after her. I heard a wolf whistle and a clap, so playfully flipped JJ off as his eyes roamed over my body.

"My eyes are up here," I remarked.

"I prefer the view lower down," he replied with a grin.

Pope gave him a shove and John B slapped upside his head as Kiara and I swam further away.

"He likes you, you know. JJ."

"Shut up, he flirts with everyone like that," I told Kiara.

"Yeah but he's different with you. Softer - I don't know how to explain it."

I brushed off her words and we swam around for a bit as the boys stripped off their shirts in the afternoon heat. A few bruises littered JJ's ribs and chest, and I wondered if they were from his father or from Rafe, last night.

I was back on the boat at this point and ran my fingers softly across JJ's bruises. He tensed, and my eyes sought for his blue ones, wondering if he wanted me to stop. He didn't make any move to pull away, and soon relaxed into my touch as I continued tracing his scars.

"Comfy there?" Pope teased, and I looked up to see JJ's eyes had fluttered shut, so I quickly stopped my movements, embarrassed that the others had seen.

"Wanna braid my hair, Pope?" I asked, shuffling closer to the boy whose fingers had already started a French braid. Kiara and I had been teaching him and I knew he was proud that he could finally do it.

"I want a go!" JJ pouted, pushing the other boy aside as he gently took hold of my hair, still damp from the sea. His fingertips grazed my neck as he moved my hair to the side, and I felt myself get goosebumps at his delicate touch.
"Scared, Potter?" he whispered in my ear, and I bit back my laughter at his Malfoy impression.

Coaxed by Kiara and Pope, JJ wasn't doing too bad at braiding my hair, but he accidentally caught a knot and my hair got tugged slightly. He quickly apologised but I found myself wishing he had pulled it harder.

What are you thinking, Y/N? This is JJ!

"All done!" he beamed proudly, yanking me out of my dirty thoughts.