Chapter 84: The Warehouse

"This place is creepy," Keefe whispered as he, Sophie, Tam, Grady, and Mr. Forkle slowly walked into the warehouse. They finally made it to the warehouse after convincing Grady to come and worry about his bat later.

"You can say that again," Sophie agreed, moving to get a little closer to Keefe.

Sophie gulped as she looked around. The warehouse was huge and had several compartments. It was dusty and dark and there was several pieces of old equipment.

"So...how are we going to do this?" Tam asked.

"Should we split up?" Keefe asked.

"Dude, that's how people die in horror movies," Sophie said. "And remember what happened when we split up at Galvin's house?"

Keefe paled as he seemed to remember that day very well. Sophie felt guilty for bringing that up when Keefe started to tremble.

Mr. Forkle coughed. "No one will get hurt today. And this is a huge place to look through so I say that we should split into two groups. Therefore we can cover up more ground while being in a group," Mr. Forkle suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"So, what will the groups be?" Sophie asked.

"I call Foster!" Keefe exclaimed immediately, hooking his arm around Sophie's.

"I call Tam!" Grady shrieked, yanking Tam towards him.

"Dude!" Tam growled at Grady, creating some space between them.

"Okay, Tam and Grady will be a group and I will join Keefe and Sophie," Mr. Forkle finalized. "Tam and Grady should search top part of this facility and we'll search the main ground," Mr. Forkle added.

With that, the two groups set off to check their areas. "Okay, lets search around here and don't go too far away from each other," Mr. Forkle warned.
Sophie and Keefe nodded.

Mr. Forkle then went over to some machinery area and Keefe headed over to a shelving unit. Sophie then looked around and noticed a door.

She shivered as she cautiously made her way over to it. Sophie then reached her arm forward and gripped the cold knob, causing her to shiver. She felt the hairs on her body stand as she slowly opened the door.

Sophie sighed in relief when she saw it was lab tables with equipment and computers.

Sophie crept in there and observed the old test tubes. She noticed that there were dried up liquids in them that had slight glows to them. Honestly, she felt like she was in some weird alien lab.

Sophie then moved to where the computers were, which were old styled ones. She moved over and sat on an old swivel chair that was in front of one of the computers.

Sophie noticed that there was about an inch of dust on the computers and didn't expect them to work. But when she clicked the on button, the computer zoomed to life with a lot of noise.

Sophie covered her mouth and slapped her hands on the computer to somehow try and make it stop. "Shhh!" She hissed at the computer, hovering her body over it as if that would make it stop.

Once the computer stopped screaming to life, it was dead silent. Sophie's heart pounded as she looked around the lab room she was in. She then noticed that the door was closed.

Wait...when she came in, she left the door open...

Sophie's eyes widened as she felt herself freeze.

She probably subconsciously closed it or something...

Sophie then slowly turned to face the computer again, the squeaking of her chair echoing through the room.