Chapter 73: The Date With Keefe

Sophie felt nerves as she hopped into Keefe's Jeep.

Where was Keefe taking her? What would she do? How would she act?

"You good there Foster?" Keefe asked, smirking as he started up the car.

"Yup!" Sophie said quickly.

Keefe rose an eyebrow. "You sure? The Keefester can feel your nerves from here," Keefe said. He then turned to face her. "Do I make you nervous?" Keefe asked.

"No!" Sophie shouted. She then blushed when she realized she said it way too loud and way too quickly.

Of course she was nervous!

But why was Keefe making her nervous?

Keefe grinned. "We'll see if that changes," he said as he started to drive away.

Sophie felt her face heat up and she had to look away. But when she looked at her house, she could see Grady's face smooshed up against one of the windows and she could hear a distant, "NOOOOOOOO!"

That's what happened last time...

"Keefe, just a heads up, my dad is probably going to follow us," Sophie warned, feeling embarrassed.

"Don't worry, Grady won't be able to follow us to where we're going," Keefe said.

"Where are we going?" Sophie asked.

Keefe smirked. "Nice try Foster. You ain't finding out till we get there."

Ugh! It was worth a try!

"Can I turn on some music?" Sophie asked.

"Sure, what type of music do you like?" Keefe asked.

"Hmm...anything is fine. I guess pop songs are my favorite though," Sophie said. Keefe nodded his head. "What about you?" Sophie asked.

Keefe stole a glance at Sophie. "That's a secret."

"What?! C'mon! You can tell me!" Sophie pleaded.

"Nope!" Keefe said, popping the 'p' dramatically.

"Why, are you embarrassed?" Sophie teased.

"No!" Keefe stuttered quickly.

Hmm...

"I guess I'll just have to make it my mission to find out your favorite type of music," Sophie said, narrowing her eyes at Keefe.

"Just play the music Foster!" Keefe said.

Sophie nodded and leaned forward to turn on the radio station. Immediately, the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift blasted, "We we're both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standin' there!"

Keefe wiggled his eyebrows as he dramatically lip synced the song.
Keefe then stole glances at Sophie and gave her suggestive smirks.

Oh no...this song!

Change it! Change it! Change it! Sophie's mind chanted.

Sophie quickly switched the station and  "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran blasted, "and I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways! Maybe just a touch of a hand! Oh me I fall in love with you every single day!"
Sophie looked and saw Keefe swaying.

He then grabbed Sophie's hand at the "maybe just a touch of a hand" line, which she slapped as she quickly changed the station.

Suddenly "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur blasted, "I knew I loved you then, but you'd never know. 'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go. I know I needed you—"