Chapter 109: Beach Day

Hey guys! So I managed to squeeze in this chapter! Since I feel bad for skipping yesterday, I'm going to update again tomorrow! So be on the lookout for tomorrow's update too!

ALSO! I still feel bad about skipping yesterday so I made an extra long chapter!

THIS CHAPTER IS 4,300 WORDS!!! YAY!!!

Here we go, enjoy the chapter! ❤️

Sophie sat quietly in the backseat of Fitz's car as Sophie and her friends were making their way to the beach.

Everyone was singing along to the radio but Sophie just didn't feel like joining in.

It had been two weeks since the whole Neverseen defeat and when Sophie was disappointed when they found out that there was a second password to the project file in the warehouse. Sophie and her friends had also just finished school a few days ago.

The past two weeks were the longest two weeks of her entire life. She just didn't feel like being happy or even finding a reason to be happy at all.

Even though the Neverseen were arrested, it still felt like they had won the whole battle. Plus Sophie was still crying herself to sleep every night when she thought about Nick.

Speaking of, Sophie was doing a dreadful countdown till Nick's funeral. His funeral was in about a week.

Every day, Nicks voice kept haunting Sophie and she still didn't even know what to feel about him.

Should she feel betrayed? Hurt? Sad? Angry? Confused?

Yeah, confused works best.

Sophie only wished she knew what was actually going on with Nick...before he...

"C'mon Sophie! Quit pouting!" Dex said, slapping her head from where he was sitting next to her in the car. "We have to spend as much fun time together as we can! Before I move away!"

Sophie just shrugged and offered him a small smile.

That was another thing. Dex and his family still hadn't found enough money yet so they were still set to move away in about a week.

So Sophie and her friends were trying to spend as much time with him as they could.

Sophie sighed innerly. Everything just seemed to be going downhill. Biana and Marella claimed that having a beach day would "cheer Sophie up," but Sophie doubted that.

"Dex is right," Fitz said from where he was driving in the front. He then made eye contact with Sophie through the mirror and gave her his movie star smile.

Sophie just smiled back and looked away.

Then...there was that.

Ever since the whole "defeating the Neverseen" fiasco, Fitz had been acting a bit different lately towards Sophie...

It was almost as if he was trying to get a little...closer to her in more than a friendly way.

Like, there was nothing wrong with Fitz..it was just that he was more of a friend to her and she really wasn't even focusing on relationships.

After the whole Nick trauma...Sophie wasn't sure if she could handle another relationship ever again.

Sophie then saw through the corner of her eye that Keefe was staring right at her.

That also was another thing.

Keefe had been very caring lately and often visited Sophie. She felt bad for when she used to shut him out in the past so she just let him try to cheer her up.