Chapter 18: Halloween Part 2

Hi guys! Thank you so so so much for 1k reads!!!! I'm so happy! Thank you all for your support! I also have decided to only post once a day from now on to give a bit of suspense and cliffhangers now that the plot has like sort of started. But don't worry! I will always post once a day, nothing will change that. Now enjoy!

"Mom! I'm home!" Sophie called as she entered her house.

"Hey sweetie! How was your day?" Edaline called back as she made her way over to hug Sophie.

"It was fun," Sophie replied.

Edaline smiled. "Good. Now you have to get ready, so I'll leave you to change into something else and then you can grab a snack before you go."

"Okay, where's Dad?"

"Um I think he's upstairs."

Sophie then ran up the stairs to greet her dad.

"Hey Dad!"

"Hey kiddo, how was school?" Grady called back.

"Fine."

"Any problems with boys?"

"Dad!"

Grady chuckled. "Relax, I'm just kidding." Then his expression turned serious. "But Sophie, if anything happens to you tonight—"

"Nothing's going to happen," Sophie assured.

"There's nothing wrong with staying on the safe side. Actually I think you should take this." Grady then pulled out a long metal bat.

"Dad! I don't need that! Besides, how would I even be able to hang on to it the whole time?"

"Sophie, there are a lot of people out there who want to do harm, especially on Halloween when everyone is vulnerable. One good swing with this bat and they'll never mess with you again," Grady said as he demonstrated how to swing.

"Dad, that's still too much. If anything seems wrong, then I'll call you. Plus, I'll have my friends with me."

Grady sighed. "Maybe I am overreacting. Well, you should get ready."

"Yeah," Sophie said as she raced to her room to change.

***

"How many in the group?" The man at the entrance of the Haunted house asked.

Biana did a head count and then said, "eight."

"Alright, head in and turn to the first hall to you right. Then you should see a room with other people in it. You will wait there until it starts."

"Thank you," Linh said as the group followed the man's directions.

Once they got in the room, there were about ten other people there.

Biana turned to face the group. "Alright, so let's stick together and—"

"What if we get lost?" Linh asked.

"Better hold someone's hand then," Fitz said, winking at her. Linh blushed.

Tam rolled his eyes. "Don't worry Linh, I'll make sure you don't."

"I call holding Foster's hand!" Keefe said as he went to reach for her hand.

"No way! I'm fine by myself!" Sophie said.

"Okay, but don't complain when you change your mind later and I say no," Keefe said, crossing his arms over his chest.

Sophie just rolled her eyes.