Chapter 13: Suspicious

After ditching history, Sophie went back to her classes. Soon, it was already the end of the day and Sophie went to sign up for cross country. On her way she saw Fitz.

He rushed over to her. "Um hey Sophie," he said, looking a bit nervous.

"Hey," she replied.

"So um sorry about what happened earlier. Are you okay now?"

"Um yeah I'd say so," she smiled, remembering who it was to thank.

He blew out a breath he looked like he was holding. "Good...so you're over what Stina did to you?"

"How do you know it was her?" Sophie asked, even though that was her assumption too.

"Um just forget I said that...but whoever it was you forgive right?"

Okay now he was acting weird.

"Um I mean I guess, but it would still be nice to get an apology," Sophie said.

"That makes sense. Okay um now I have to go um bye!" He said with a quick wave, before running off.

Okay that was definitely strange.

And he looked like he was in a rush to be somewhere. Hmm...

Sophie then decided it was no big deal, so she just shrugged it off.

Besides...she had more important things to do. So she made her way to cross country practice.

***

Cross country practice had gone well. They did a bunch of drills and then did 3 miles of running to finish it off. Lady Alexine was right. Sophie was by far the fastest runner. Sophie felt excited to finally have a talent that she was good at. As she was going home, she decided to stop by Chipotle.

What? Don't judge, Sophie likes her burritos!

As Sophie was about to head inside she saw a familiar dark haired boy sitting at one of the outside benches. Sophie was about to go over and say. "Hi" to Fitz, until she saw someone else with him.

Stina.

And they were kissing.