Chapter 70: Visiting Linh

Sophie shook with nerves as she entered the hospital. School had ended and the friends all wanted to pay Linh a visit. They were already waiting for Sophie since she had to make a quick stop at her house.

Sophie saw her friends sitting at the lounge area, looking depressed, and quickly jogged over to them. "Hey guys," she greeted with little enthusiasm.

"Hey," they all said, sounding even less enthusiastic.

"Well let's go visit Linh now since Sophie is here," Biana said, getting up.

"Do you guys all want to visit her separately or...?" Stina asked.

"We can do it together," Fitz said.

"Yeah, if only we could visit Dex too," Marella said with a frown.

"I wish we could but we still have to wait a few days in order to visit him," Sophie said.

"Well let's go," Nick said. The friends then made their way towards Linh's room.

Sophie felt nerves the whole way. It would feel so heartbreaking to see Linh in the state she would be in, due to the Neverseen. Sophie couldn't imagine what Linh was going through, but it's not like Linh was conscious to know what was happening.

Soon they made it to Linh's room and hesitated to go inside. Sophie looked around at her friends and noticed that Tam wasn't there.

"Where's Tam? I know he wasn't at school today but wasn't he coming to visit Linh too?" Sophie asked.

"Tam is here. He's paying Linh a visit right now, look," Keefe said.

Sophie turned around to see that Keefe had opened the door to Linh's room slightly and pointed out that Tam was in there.

Sophie walked over and looked to see that Tam's face was buried against Linh's body and Sophie could see his body shaking from where he was at.

It crushed Sophie's heart to see that. To see someone who is usually so hard and serious now broken and weak. Sophie then could see how strong the twins' connection was.

Tam must feel so lost without Linh.

"This feels like a private moment, should we wait a little bit?" Biana asked, gesturing for Keefe to close the door to give Tam and Linh privacy.

"Yeah," Sophie agreed. Keefe quietly closed the door and the friends moved to a seating area near Linh's room.

They stayed there in silence and a few minutes later, Tam came out of Linh's room.

He looked noticed them, and his eyes widened. "What are you guys doing here?" He snapped.

"We're just here to visit Linh," Sophie said.

Tam narrowed his eyes. "Did you guys listen to me when I was talking to Linh?"

"No! Of course not! Why would we?" Biana asked.

Tam just grumbled and pulled his black hood over his face and stalked away.

"Wow...that was..." Nick said, trailing off.

"Aww, the poor guy is struggling so much," Biana said, looking like she wanted to run after Tam.

"Best to leave him alone," Marella said.

"Yeah, c'mon. Let's see Linh," Fitz said as they all went inside Linh's room.

Sophie gasped as she saw Linh's unconscious form laying on the hospital bed. If Sophie didn't know better, she would have thought that Linh was dead. It was so strange to see someone that was always so bright and happy now looking lifeless.