Chapter 42: Darkness

Okay first I want to say...

OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO FLIPPIN MUCH FOR 10K READS!!! NO WORDS CAN EXPRESS MY JOY AND LOVE FOR YOU GUYS!!!! You are all truly amazing and special and I want you to know that I can recognize that! You guys are so amazing, I never expected my story to get so many views! There is still so many chapters left in the story so that drama and fun in nowhere near over! Now, today's update will be shorter than most and I'm so sorry for that, but I really need sleep guys. Everyday I've been going to bed around 2:30am or 3am and sometimes 4am! That's really late and I've been really tired so I just wanted to get some extra sleep in today so that is why today's update is shorter. Thank you guys so much for the support though!! Also, last thing, after this update I'm going to post a theories chapter/update where you can put down your theories and explain how you think the story will play out and want you want to happen. I'd love to hear your ideas and opinions! Anyways, enjoy this short chapter!

Sophie's body felt numb. She couldn't think. She then collapsed onto the floor.

She could hear faint gasps and questions, but they were tuned out by the ringing in Sophie's ears.

She covered her hand with her face and felt that her cheeks were wet with tears.
Sophie could feel her body shutting down, she couldn't take it anymore.

She couldn't lose another loved one...

"Sophie," a voice whispered. "It's going to be okay."

Was it though?

This evil organization had been causing problems for months now and they were nowhere near stopping them. And now, they took Edaline.

The monsters took Edaline.

Sophie felt her eyes harden as she quickly jumped up and stomped towards the door, wiping any other tears left.

Before she could leave, Keefe jumped in front of her.

"Move!" She snapped, not caring about anything else other than what she wanted to do.

"Sophie, look at me," Keefe pleaded.

"JUST MOVE!" Sophie screamed.

Sophie was angered even more when he didn't look affected by her behavior. His look just showed pity for her.

She hated that he was pitying her.

"Sophie," Keefe tried again, resting his hands on her shoulder.

Her body suddenly loosened up and her rage toned down.

What was Keefe doing to her?

"What?" She mumbled, feeling her eyes pool up with tears.

"Sophie, it's okay, we are going to find Edaline. We are going to get out of this mess," Keefe assured with a gentle tone.

But how can Keefe be sure?

And...what if they were too late? What if Edaline was—

She shut that thought down. Keefe was right. She had to relax and have hope.

"We looked at your phone, in case you are wondering how we know about this," Biana said, coming up behind Sophie and placing a hand on her shoulder. "And Keefe is right, we can save Edaline and we will figure this out."

Sophie took deep breathes. In, out.

"Okay," Sophie said as she tried to push past Keefe again.

"Um, where do you think you are going?" Keefe asked, blocking her path again.