Chapter 13

Votes- 153
Reads- 3.96k
Comments- 39
2/6/2015

*Recap

"See what?" I asked worried.

"If you really love him." She said leaving me breathless.

"And?" I asked fully aware of the serious face on Klaus, Rebekah's grin yet an unsure glance, and Elijah's hopeful gaze.

"He has my approval. I still don't like him, but I know you two love each, so." She said, and I interrupted her. I squealed loudly, and flung myself at her hugging her tight as happy tears fell down my face.

"Thank you so much! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed, and Bonnie laughed hugging me back.

"Hey, Care. Can't breath." Bonnie chuckled, and I laughed happily as I air-waved the happy tears.

"Sorry! I'm just so happy! Thank you so much Bonnie!" I said happily, and Klaus chuckled pulling me beside him.

"Although I am enjoying this lovely encounter." Klaus stated sarcastically, and I glared at him.

"What my dear brother is trying to say is we have certain plans tonight also tomorrow, and we need Miss. Forbes to attend those." Elijah said in a formal way, and I scowled at Elijah, and glared at Klaus.

"What is it? If you don't mind me asking." Bonnie asked cautious, and I opened my mouth to speak, but Klaus interrupts, and I glare at him.

"We do." He said in all seriousness while I glared at him.

"Care?" Bonnie asked with a look of betrayal, and I sighed.

"I can't bring you in this Bonnie. I'm sorry, but I can't let you get hurt." I whispered my voice cracking at every word.

"Care." Bonnie said in a pleading tone.

"I think it's time for you to leave. I'll keep her safe. After all I do this owe her." Rebekah said, and I frowned when. I remembered what happened with Alaric.

"I'll call you in a few days after I get everything settled. Please. Keep safe, BonBon." I whispered holding my tears back.

"Okay. I trust you care, but if I find out you're hurt." She warns, and I smile grateful towards my bestfriend.

"I know. Thank you. Goodbye." I whisper as I watch her car drive away in her car. I lean back against the door, and choke on a sob.

"Caroline come on inside. I'll make you something to eat." Rebekah said quietly, and I nodded walking back inside I the house.

"Love." Klaus started, and I silenced him with a glare.

"Bonnie's my best-friend! You don't get to talk to her like that!" I yelled, and his face morphed into anger.

"She can't know what is our intentions!" Klaus yelled, and I laughed humorlessly.

"Intentions! You call what I'm supposed to do intentions! I'm protecting your family, and you can't even shut up for two seconds so I can explain to my family what is going on!" I yelled.

"What could you have possible told her, 'Hey! I'm killing Mikael tomorrow, and soon I'll become a witchy immortal'!" He roared.

"It doesn't matter what I would've said! You think you know what's best for everyone! No let me correct myself! You order people around to do your biddings, and you put your family in coffins, Klaus! I can't help you if you keep shutting everyone out, and trying to dictate me!" I growled, and stomped off into the kitchen with Rebekah in tow.

"That was interesting." She chirped, and I laughed.

"I'm a b*tch, huh?" I asked as she poured blood bags into two whiskey glasses for her, and I.

"No. Nik had no reason to interfere with the Bennett witch. She's your friend, and family, so it was your choice to choose what to do. Nik took away your choice, and you acted out on that. Any sane person would." She said after she took a gulp of her blood, and I drank mine while she talked.

"Thanks. Sorry we didn't get to go shopping." I said apologetic.

"It's okay, Caroline! We can do it some other time." She said with a hint of hope, and I smiled big.

"Of course we can!" I said, and she laughed.

"Okay!" She said smiling, and this went on for an hour or two just us talking about different things.

"So, you really fell in love with one of the five?" I asked in amazement, and she laughed.

"Yeah, Alexander." She said her eyes filling with sadness as I'm sure she had some flashbacks.

"What happened to him?" I asked afraid to know the answer.

"Alexander, and the the others were killed by Nik. They didn't know the daggers didn't work on Nik. They daggered us all, and when they tried it with Nik he lashed out. I don't blame him completely. I did betray the family." She said regretful.

"You did what you had to do for the love of your life. I'm sorry." I said remorseful.

"It's fine." She whispered, but I knew better.