Chapter 18

Reads: 6.23k
Votes: 257
Comments: 53
3/22/15

*Recap

"You do realize if she's your sister then Nik is your brother." Kol said smugly, and I rolled my eyes then lounged at him. I smirked as I held him by the throat pinned against the wall.

"Don't be a smartas." I started, and was cut off as the door opened. I looked over to the side to see a girl of average height, light skin, bright green eyes, and pitch black hair.

"Hey, Carebear." She whispered a tear falling down her cheek.

"Nicky?" I whispered in shock.

"Is that really you?" I asked dropping Kol as I stood in shock.

"It's really me." She said another tear escaping her eye.

"Oh my gosh! I missed you so much!" I cried out hugging her closely.

"I missed you, too!" She cried hugging me just as tightly while we both held each other tightly.

"I missed you, too!" Kol said, and pulled us both into a hug while I rolled my eyes at him while my tears still fell.

"Here." Rebekah said handing both Nicole, and I a tissue. After we composed ourselves I took a deep breath while standing next to Rebekah while Kol, and Nicole stood in front of us.

"Nicole, this is Kol. Kol, this is Nicole. Rebekah, Nicole. Nicole, Rebekah." I introduced.

"Nice to meet you." Kol said grabbing her hand, and kissing it softly. I saw her blush, and his smirk causing me to smile.

"You too." She said flustered.

"It's nice to meet you, Rebekah." Nicole said.

"That's my brother he hurts you, let me know, and I'll kill him. But, if you hurt him, I'll have to kill you. Also, it would be wise to not hurt Caroline's feelings. Raesons why she's my bestfriend, she's dating my brother. The two nimb-rods you met downstairs are Elijah, and Nikalus, but you have to call him Klaus, or he has a hissy fit. Klaus is the one with the short curly hair, that's Caroline's boyfriend. We will all protect Caroline, so this is your only warning. Caroline is family, and we protect our family. Other then that it's nice meeting you." Rebelah said, and Nicky smiled.

"I'm glad she has you as a friend." She said understandingly.

"Really? I just threatened to kill you, and you're understanding?" Rebekah asked in shock.

"I would rather her have an original, or family of originals as friends rather than someone who would kill her in spite of her being a vampire." She said, and I stood opened mouth as I looked between the two.

"How do you? How do you know about originals, and vampires?" I asked confused.

"Do you remeber when I first told you my Dad was making me move?" She asked, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. You took me to our hiding spot in the woods, and we sat there for hours, not saying a word. After a while I had asked you what was wrong, we never went to that spot unless one of us needed to talk. You said, he couldn't take it anymore, that you two had to leave. We sat there for like five hours, and ending up falling asleep together. I remember waking up, and freaking out because I heard people shouting our names, so I woke you up. We hide in the tree stump, and when the voices started getting closer I could tell it was your Dad, and my Mom. We ran as fast as we could out of our spot, and ran to the park. One of the officers found us, and took us to the station. Our parents were there, and they were both crying. Mom's face was so sad when she saw us crying, and screaming as your Dad tried to seperate us. Mom tried to get him to let you stay one last night with me, but he wouldn't budge. I yelled, screamed, kicked, and fought with my Mom every time she tried to come in my room. I was six years old throwing my lamp at my Mom because I missed you. I was angry for a while, never really understanding why your Dad took you away. I always thought it was my fault. When I became a vampire, and I found out my Mom knew about vampires everything clicked. Your mother was killed by a vampire, and your Dad was just trying to protect you." I said quietly.

"Yes, my mom was killed by a vampire, but that's not the whole story. My Mom was turned into a vampire, and she was a witch, but at the time I didn't know. She tried to turn my Father, and when he told her no, she went mad. She threatened to turn me, and make me watch as she fed off of my Father until his mortal life was none. He told her to come back in a week, and he would willingly let her turn him. That night I came to see you was the night he made the deal. That's why we ran. He told me when I turned sixteen, because after all those years I continued to question him. He told me everything about the supernatural races, but when I asked why he wouldn't just let him turn her he was devastated. He still loves her, but he didn't want a vampire childhood for me, my Mom couldn't see that. And, I don't think my Mom's offer is still on the table for my Dad." She said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked worried.

"I found a white rose on my apartment step." She said sadly.

"The same flower you laid on her grave." I said sorrowful, and she nodded her head solemn.

"It's her message. This isn't over. It's the begginning." She said confidently while fear ectched itself onto her like a blanket.